Property Tax Declaration 2011

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Property Tax Declaration 2011

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am in the process of deciding whether to select my own, or allow my Guancaste property management company, to retain an engineer; before our property tax declaration deadline of December 14, 2011. Can any other members provide any insight into this new tax assessment, and possible courses of action. Currently being in the U.S., I have been receiving incomplete and inconsistent information; regarding this issue.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

It’s not clear what the issue is here. Are you talking about the luxury home tax or something else? Your basic 0.25% property tax shouldn’t require the services of an engineer.

My understanding is, this is a new property tax re-assessment, of all properties. Everyone must submit a new property tax declaration, that must be submitted by every home owner/corporation, to their Municapal office.

juliab

Shouldn’t be the case, though it might be something specific to your muni.

Typically the only time you need to do that in CR is when you register your newly-bought property with the muni (if you choose to do so).

If you have any friends living in the area, ask them to visit muni and ask if a re-assessment is going on. It should take half an hour at most. It would be beneficial if you could send a Tico/a or someone who speaks fluent Spanish.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.