Possible newcomer

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Possible newcomer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Harperanne

Hi there- I am a 71 year of American woman who is considering a move to Cosa Rica with my “significant other” He has visited Costa Rica a lot over the past 25 years or so. I have not. I would like to communicate with other women in different parts of Costa Rica about their lives and activities so that I might get a better idea of where we might like to go. We will be visiting CR in February and looking at different areas. I would love to hear from women like those who organized themselves in San Isidro. Thanks, Anne

Andrew
    Keymaster

You might need to be a bit more specific Anne…

You would like to hear from other women about what exactly in “their lives and activities?”

And to my knowledge, none of the women in the San Isidro Women’s Club spend much time in the Discussion Forum.

Scott

Harperanne

I would be interested to know how they socialize with other women. Do they play bridge, do they play golf, do they meet with other women to go out to lunch or to go shopping or just to talk? I’m not trying to live the same life I have in the US, just need to know I can connect with others like myself – not just Americans.

jdocop

post removed so as to avoid any risk of offending forum members.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I too live ‘out of town’ but have a friend who go shopping and has lunch out, with her friends, occasionally. I am sure there are many North American [i]ex-pat ladies[/i] who play golf, and I did know [i]one[/i] who played when they lived here, but really used to [i]’Club'[/i] for the pool and exercise equipment, but there are many [i]Ticas[/i] who do play regularly at the private [i]’Cariari Gof & Country Club[/i]’ and public [i]Valle del Sol[/i] course, in Santa Ana . Many Japanese of both sexes, play here as well.
    Many public golf courses over on the Pacific side, near the large hotels.
    Most of the ladies I know that live near Escazu, Santa Ana, Belen spend many hours volunteering either in their immediate community or various groups like the [url=http://wccr.org/text/home/home.shtml]Women’s Club of Costa Rica[/url]
    None that I have met play bridge and some have been known to play [i]Bingo[/i] at fundraisers using [i]corn kernels[/i] as markers 😆
    [b]jdocop[/b] since you are not in an area of [i]’malls[/i] or the large department stores, you haven’t observed Ticas shopping! They do it like [i]experts[/i] …:D…and you can tell by their sense of style and coordinated outfits.
    I garden, enjoy photography, nature and may see an ex-pat or even just an English speaking woman every few weeks…

Harperanne

Thank you, costaricafinca, for the reference to the Women’s Club of Costa Rica. This is just the sort of thing I was thinking about…. an opportunity to meet people, get involved, and do good things. I’m sure this would enable one to experience cultural involvement with people of different backgrounds and cultures. I only mentioned bridge and golf because they were more specific as I was asked to be. I personally play golf very little, and do so mainly because it is a popular activity in the retirment community in which I live. I was really hoing to get an introduction to some women who would be willing to communicate on line – kind of mae some friend before we actually come to CR.

costaricafinca
    Participant

The [url=www.canadianclubcr.com]Canadian Club of Costa Rica[/url] is also open to ‘[i]non-Canadians[/i]’ and they have been involved in fund raising activities, especially for schools for many years and all volunteers are welcome, whether a member or not.
    Again, both of these groups are in the Central Valley, which would limit your [i]house hunting[/i] to nearby areas.

waggoner41

[quote=”Harperanne”]American woman who is considering a move to Cosa Rica – like to communicate with other women in different parts of Costa Rica about their lives and activities -[/quote]

ontact: http://www.newcomersclubofcostarica.com/index.html
    The Newcomer’s Club of Costa Rica is a group of English speaking women who live in Costa Rica.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.