Poas Waterfall Garden Cofee tour

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Poas Waterfall Garden Cofee tour

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

Has anyone recently gone on a tour to Poas or the Waterfall Gardens nearby ? Has last year earthquake caused any changes to the Poas or Waterfall gardens ? Also , looking for a coffee plantation tour nearest the airport , can anyone recommend a good one to visit . Thanks

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We were at Vulcan Poas last week and it was totally accessible. Likewise, the Doka Estates coffee tour, which is nearby, was also fully operational.

I think I know that the Peace Gardens waterfall park is also open but there was extensive damage to its facilities and it’s not the same as it once was. Used to be you could walk from one waterfall to the next all downhill and then take their shuttle bus back up to the parking lot. My understanding is that now you can go downhill part way but must walk/climb back up.

I don’t know the status of their other exhibitions. Anybody?

Charlie

Thanks , I will head up t Poas and Doka tomorrow then .

bbrunsca

Hello, I have another question: is the road pass Poas over to Sam Miguel open yet? I use to drive from Alajuela to Venecia via San Miguel but that stopped when the earthquake destroyed the road. I have heard different stories about its status. It now takes me about 2.5 hours to go to the airport where it use to take me about 1.5 hours. Any input would be appreciated.

ticopaz

Hi Charlie,
    I would head up early as the fog and rains up the mountain have been more than usual and starting by 11am-Noon. Enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.