Planning a wedding in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Planning a wedding in Costa Rica

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    alewis

Thank you to absolutely everyone who responded. David’s ideas seem the best but I doubt my daughter would agree. More replies are always requested as this is a one-time event (at least for us) and we really want to do it well. Many thanks to everyone. Amelia

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”alewis”]Thank you to absolutely everyone who responded. David’s ideas seem the best but I doubt my daughter would agree. More replies are always requested as this is a one-time event (at least for us) and we really want to do it well. Many thanks to everyone. Amelia[/quote]

Hmmm . . . And just what is your fussy daughter’s objection to ostriches, may I ask??

sueandchris

Indeed…Or officiants with questionable on-line credentials??!!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”sueandchris”]Indeed…Or officiants with questionable on-line credentials??!![/quote]

Actually, Sue, legal marriages in Costa Rica are civil affairs which must be accomplished with the services of a Costa Rican Notary.

The religious side is purely spiritual/ceremonial. For that part, anyone you trust to have the ear of the Almighty, whether ordained or self-appointed, will suffice. So for these purposes, my clergyhood, whether acquired online or otherwise, is as good as the Pope’s.

S/he who believeth in me . . . (Oh! Never mind!)

sueandchris

David!!! It was TOTALLY tongue-in-cheek…but that said…I believeth!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.