Planning a trip to Osa Peninsula

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Planning a trip to Osa Peninsula

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Potoo

๐Ÿ˜€

Last trip was some Central Valley/Monteverde and South Caribbean all good nut I am now planning March trip to Osa! or at least Central Pacific down.
    I need suggestions for rentals, up to 1500 USD/month (lol) and proximity to lots of birds and animals; beach secondary

Post or Email ideas and/or your experiences

muchos gracias

Rich

cmcintire
    Participant

We stayed at a place called Casa Bambu and loved it. I think they have monthly rates. There was plenty of wildlife right outside your door (birds, monkeys, etc.) and you are not too far from Corcovado.

http://www.casabambu-beach-house-rentals.com/

Potoo

Hi
    Thanks for the info will consider – looks good but cough cough a little pricey ๐Ÿ˜›

Shuttle bus looks interesting…

Rich

Minuit

I live on Central Pacific area, far ennough from Peninsula de Osa… The wild life here counts white face monkeys, howlers, iguanas, butterflies, many types of heron, garsas, spatulas rosadas, pelicans, parrots, macaws, squirrels, crocodiles, scorpions sometimes, snakes, well for short, I could say it is pure jungle…
    The problem is this is a very secluded beach, mostly residential. No hotel or B&B, very little for rent…no english spoken, little far away from everything…

One has to be ” TARZAN ” at heart to live here :!::!::!:

F.A Skippy

Don’t pay any attention to website prices.That’s all BS.
    Get on the phone, call places in the Osa, and tell them what you want to do.
    Call real estate people too. There are a zillion properties for sale by owners, who live in the Empire, who would love to have someone stay for a month or three.
    That way the toilets, windows, doors and roof won’t be stolen in their absence.
    Tourism is completely dead here. So is building and real estate, contrary to the internet myths.

Deals abound for tourists and investors alike.

Potoo

๐Ÿ˜€

Its OK I can do Tarzan – married to a Jane as well lol!

Remote is no problem looking for wildlife not social life ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Skippy all well and good, when I look on Internet for property/rentals or to buy there is naff all so where is it all?

thanks
    Rich

F.A Skippy

Take a try at these guys.
    Scott will probably chime in with some people too.
    http://www.osapeninsulaproperties.com/

Ronny

VRBO.com is a good option for renting homes and with the present economy you can negotiate a much better price.
    Shop around…I used to rent a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with pool for $500 a week. There are lots of great deals out there.
    This is a house in my area. http://www.vrbo.com/162538#rates
    Lot’s of others that are similar in price.

Potoo

Thanks for the info.

Anyone from or been to Zancudo
    W e have now booked first month moving around the park, I think we will have a first hand look at things while there as we are not particularly limited with our time.

We only need to be within hiking distance of a store to be happy (for food and beer ๐Ÿ™‚ )

28 days to go ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.