Places to Visit

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Places to Visit

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    delucajmj

We will be heading down to CR in a month. Staying in Orosi for about 3 weeks, heading to Puerto Viejo for a few days, then to Jaco for a few more days and stopping in Grecia on the last day. Are there any favorite spots anyone could recommend that we stop between Orosi and Puerto Viejo and between Puerto Viejo and Jaco? We have a couple of days to play with. Thanks. Phil and Terri

speedo5

I would suggest you check out the San Ramon area.

delucajmj

We have a night scheduled in Grecia. Is it pretty much the same there or should we make a point to stay in San Ramon, too?

speedo5

We went on George Lundquist’s tour in Jan 08. Visited Puriscal, Orisi Valley, Grecia,San Jose, and other areas of the central valley. We bought a place west of San Ramon with a killer view of the Pacific and Gulf of Nicoya . It’s worth checking out.

rfmark

Speedo5,
    We are considering a George Lundquist’s tour next year. It looks like a great way to get another view of the country and some real views of the country. How did you find the tour and did you think it helped you to decide on Costa Rica?

speedo5

Yes I do highly recommend George’s tour. He will cut through all the realtor hype and BS if you are seriously looking to retire in costa rica. As i said before , he won’t take you to the beach or high rise condos if that is what you desire, but you will go to some affordable places of various price ranges and meet some really nice fellow gringos and ticos. If you want to go to the beach, schedule that after the tour. It was too hot for me.

rfmark

Thanks for the response Speedo5,
    I’m glad to hear 1st hand about the tour. We thought it looked and sounded like it would be a good step to next years trip. Have to say we live in Florida so I don’t see the heat as a problem but do want a look at real life not the show.

rluikaart

I was on George Lundquist’s January 25-28, 2009 Tour. Very highly recommended. Steve Riley, in Orosi, is another fellow with great info. You’ll meet some great folks who’ve made the move and are happy to impart excellent information.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.