pet protection while in cars????

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum pet protection while in cars????

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

CAN THIS BE FOR REAL? Let me make sure I understand this………..pet owners will now have to BUY a special seat and STRAP their pets inside of the car when transporting or face a 200,000 colone FINE!!!!!!!………. BUT……. it’s ok to have a load of men, women & children standing in the back of a truck hanging on for dear life, or a family of four or five crammed on a motor scooter or motorcycle unprotected. In my opinion, this surpasses logic & intelligence with absolute stupidity !!!

“[b]New Transit Law Requires Seats For Pets[/b]
    by costaricanorth.com

The new regulation established by the National Association of Animal Protection (ANPA) and Legislative Assembly of Costa Rica regulated by the new transit law, that prohibits the transportation of any loose animals inside the vehicles and requires the drivers to use special chairs for their pets.

The manager of DoG Steale, Karin Woof, said that many Costa Rican companies have made special chair for different pets. “In this case for animals that are bigger such as cats and dogs, our company has development seats that hang thanks to series of adjustable straps in different sizes and designs.”

These chairs are eligible for animals up to 20 pounds. It has a padded surface so that the passenger will be comfortable and it has its own relaxation music system so pets can travel ‘stress free’.

In the case of smaller animals like turtles, snakes, rabbits, etc; other companies have designed special security belts that allow securing the animals to the seats, without distracting the driver.

The General Director of the Traffic Police of Costa Rica told stated that the drivers who disrespect this law and do not have the necessary precautions with their pets will have to pay a fine of 200,000 colones.”

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]costaricabill[/b], your dog is safe … from the embarrassment of being seen in this contraption.
    It was posted the next day, on insidecostarica that it was a ‘spoof’.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.