Pet Bird

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Pet Bird

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cindyc

Hi,

Has anyone taken a large bird in cabin? We are set to do this in August with Continental. What did you bring them in? Did the bird do O.K. with stress? Any input would be appreciated.

Cindy

Edited on Jun 08, 2006 06:34

there are lots of documents you will need for a bird. Do you have the list?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please visit the following article and double-check with Dr. Molina

The requirements do change regularly and he would know …

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

cindyc

Thanks Scott,

I think I will contact Dr. Molina; My vet has been helpful here but I think having the two of them talk would be great. I guess it’s getting more difficult to do this now that avian flu is an issue and there are now quarantines required; sounds like it’s an in-home quarantine before you leave but finding out the details has not been easy.

Cindy

Andrew
    Keymaster

You are welcome… Dr. Molina will look after you and your pet well

More people die every year in the USA of regular flu than the total number of people that have died of avian flu but I probably shouldn’t start ranting on about that…

Scott

cindyc

I agree; I’m more likely to get hit by a beer truck than die of avian flu……

CC

makohan

On the subject of pets, has anyone had experience with transporting small pets, such as hampsters, or rabbits to Costa Rica? I noticed there was a link posted above to a local vet, os I will make contact there, but I’m just looking for any personal experiences that you might be able to share. For some reason my household seems to constantly accumulate a menagerie of pets.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.