Perpetual Tourists Can Stay 1 year

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Perpetual Tourists Can Stay 1 year

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    perroloco

Nicas only get thirty days….

waggoner41

[quote=”grb1063″]
    Zamora also said that he was in error when he told a reporter that rules would be changing for the so-called perpetual tourists. A.M. Costa Rica reported the incorrect information Feb. 19 and attributed it to Zamora.
    [/quote]
    As far as I’m concerned anything that anyone, including Zamora, says about the new law is merely personal interpretation. You won’t know tha legal status of any particular part of the law until, and if, it is decided in the courts.
    If you do gain residency under any part of the law that is then challenged and deemed incorrect I doubt that they will come back and tell you they were incorrect.

waggoner41

[quote=”MDesabrais”]It seems to me that any individual capable of purchasing a home for $200K US will be able to show income of $1,000.00/month per person. I am not a lawyer, but why make it difficult on yourself?

Mike[/quote]
    Example: My wife and I came to Costa Rica and applied for pensionado status. We both qualify financially but her residency was granted a year ago and with identical documentation I have been denied twice.
    We owm a property for which we paid $260,000 and if I am denied perpetually I can resubmit as an investor provided that home ownership is allowed as an investment.
    As I said before, anyone can say anything regarding the status of the new law but unless and until it is passed by the courts it is merely speculaton. Would you like to hold your breath until that happens?

costaricafinca
    Participant

In response to the quote [b]”It seems to me that any individual capable of purchasing a home for $200K US will be able to show income of $1,000.00/month per person. I am not a lawyer, but why make it difficult on yourself”[/b]
    Many of those wishing to relocate, do not have a [b][i]guaranteed pension of $1,000 per month[/i][/b], but can purchase a $200,000 home.
    I’m another one who doesn’t think that a $200,000 home or even a $500,000 home will get you a residency under the [i]investor status[/i] as this is very difficult to get.
    Plus, you will have to purchase your property [b]before[/b] you apply…then keep your fingers crossed or apply under a different status which by then your required paperwork will be [i]’out of date’.[/i]

Andrew
    Keymaster
    Jerry

What do I need to prove CAJA Reciept or Carnet??? Or both???

jdocop

post removed due to risk of offending forum members.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.