Pensionado retirement – Income requirements.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Pensionado retirement – Income requirements.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Baxter and Ann
    Participant

Do this type of retirement require both married parties to have proof of $1000.00 or more of income? And, if so, what does the table of retirement types mean where it says you can claim your spouse and children under 18?

Thanks for answering!:D

CHERYLJK

[quote=”Baxter and Ann”]Do this type of retirement require both married parties to have proof of $1000.00 or more of income? And, if so, what does the table of retirement types mean where it says you can claim your spouse and children under 18?

Thanks for answering!:D[/quote]

I can answer your first question. Only one person needs to show that he/she has at least $1000 of income. The spouse who does NOT have an income will be listed as a dependent.

Baxter and Ann
    Participant

[quote=”CHERYLJK”][quote=”Baxter and Ann”]Do this type of retirement require both married parties to have proof of $1000.00 or more of income? And, if so, what does the table of retirement types mean where it says you can claim your spouse and children under 18?

Thanks for answering!:D[/quote]

I can answer your first question. Only one person needs to show that he/she has at least $1000 of income. The spouse who does NOT have an income will be listed as a dependent.[/quote]

Thank you so much!

costaricafinca
    Participant

As a ‘dependent’, you are still required to complete an application for residency with your spouse being the [url=http://www.costaricalaw.com/Immigration-and-Residency/residency-general-information-and-summary.html]primary applicant,[/url] but no financial information on the said ‘dependent’ is required.
    While the minimum of $1000 per month is required, it is [i]not [/i]enough to live on.

Baxter and Ann
    Participant

Yes, we didn’t figure we would be living on just 1000.

Pete n Rae

Hello
    Curious on your budget input? Would $1000 to 1500 be enough?

We are looking at buying our house outright. The price with land will be under
    200k. No luxury tax. 800 sq ft house.
    We are selling all house hold goods. Just bringing suitcases and animals.
    We will have a vehicle and a atv. Both to be purchased in CR.
    We both are active and even in the states our food bill in only $300 every
    2 weeks.

costaricafinca
    Participant

If you want to put gas in your vehicle, eat out occasionally, and depending on your location, your budget will be ‘tight’.
    You will have to replace your ‘household goods’ and like vehicles, they will be more expensive here.

I would advise you to rent before purchasing either land and/or house.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.