passport update

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum passport update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    terrycook

Hi..latest word from the great people at the passport agency is that the tracking numbers are no longer working to trace you passport. In actuality all you ever got was “your passport application has been received and will be sent out….”
    GOOD NEWS…I tried the process of contacting my Congressman (actually woman) Kay Bailey Hutchenson, and when they called on my passport it was in “early stage” of processing…that was approximately 11 1/2 weeks.. THEN in 5 days from her office request MY DOORBELL rang this morning with FED EX at the door with my new passport.
    Be sure to write a thank you and tell your friends to vote for your Congress person if they do a good job.
    YEA bought my Ticket today and leave one day after my 59th birthday..be there on July 12.
    OH, on Air fair..went to Expedia.com got their best rate then called Continental direct same exact flight (day time)and got a $50.00 better price, E. Ticket, window seats and meals..San Antonio Texas to San Jose rd trip 624.92 not too bad.
    Terry From Texas

*Lotus

Mine came yesterday after approx. 6 weeks.

jafranz

Terry
    I have watched your participation on this web for several months. I to am from Texas but have been in Florida for the past 18 years.. It is still good to communicate with fellow Texans. I own a home in Quepos (for the last 2 years). I hope you can make things happen in CR. We go 5 times a year and hope to go more permanently after the end of the year.
    I think you will agree that this website is the most helpful thing going for info in CR. Thanks Scott
    Jon

terrycook

jafranz…Thank you for the very nice note…Texans really are a different breed.
    I must agree with you that Scott has done a very special and wonderful thing for every person vaguely interested in Costa Rica.
    This trip will be for 140 days and I wish to see at least more of what I did not see last year in my 3 month trip.
    I am looking for a place to land permanently.
    thanks
    Terry From Texas

Edited on Jun 30, 2007 12:15

jafranz

Terry
    Is the flight from San Antonio Direct or thru Houston?
    Also I would be interested in what you plan on doing for leaving CR after the 90 days.
    Jon

terrycook

Jon, I have a short stop/change flight in Houston. I will go to San Jose for a week, then Month in Puntareanas then 3 weeks in Dominical then Month in Gulfito then to Cahuita where I rent a full cabin liv,bath,kitchen and bedroom for $175 mo. I will stay for 2 days and leave for Panama..I will go to Island of Bocas del Toro and stay at a place right over the water..looks very very nice at $36.00 night (by far the most I will pay anywhere) but am splurging for 3 days. Then back to Cahuita then to La Suiza or Turrialba for 3 weeks then to either La Fortuna or Ciudad Arenal. I think the site I went to was “Panama-Bocas del Toro trvel advise” let me know if you need more info. Great details in the whole
    process of making the crossing over to Panama and back..looks neat and fun

Terry From Texas

USE EXPIDITED SERVICE!
    I went to my post office with my photos, filled out the form, purchased a postal money order, sent it priority with a pre-paid priority return envelope. I did this less then two weeks ago, and they have already sent me my new passport. This was all done from my little post office here in Key West, where we’re pretty sure the mule that we see on the overseas highway is carrying the mail back to the mainland.
    Spend the extra money, and use the expidited service!

Jerry

Jon… call me in CR when you are planning to do the 90 day visa exit. I have info you may be interested… email jrryddly@yahoo.com for number
    Jerry in La Suiza de Turrialba

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.