Passport Problems

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Passport Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

Does anyone know what happens when (or if) your US passport expires, or you lose or damage your US passport (and have to get a new one) while your residency is pending with migracion?

I’ve had my extramite document for almost 2 years, and my passport recently went through the wash (again) and although everything in it is still legible, it is in pretty sad shape.

My concern is that if I get a new passport (with a new number) then when I finally get to meet with migracion they will take the easy way out and make me start over because the passport number on all of the documents I submitted will differ from the new passport.

Suggestions?

jreeves

I’m finalizing my permanent residency in June. I will need to have the passport info updated for me as well as my children because our passports also expired during the waiting time for approval. We already have our new passports & our attorney stated she will get this all fixed with immigration when we go for our appointment. I’m a little nervous about it because anytime my attorney acts like things are no big deal, it’s usually a nightmare. I’ll post back & let you know how it goes for us.

costaricabill
    Participant

Thanks for the response and please keep me advised of how it goes for you. And I know exactly what you mean when you hear “no big deal”!

johnr

I can’t believe with the professionalism and quickness, not to mention grand customer service in the Costa Rica government offices that this could even happen. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.