Parasites

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Parasites

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s really heart warming to read that during a time of record foreclosures, record bankruptcies, record unemployment and the continued crumbling of schools, bridges and other infrastructure throughout the USA, that they can still scrape enough money together to build a new, one billion dollar US Embassy in London, England.

One billion dollars!

And I kid you not… This US Embassy will have it’s own moat…

From the London Times article, US diplomats add a moat to their expenses at $1bn London embassy: “The State Department sought to play down the cost of security measures, noting the expense of London building work. But the price puts the London embassy above the US’s most fortified missions, including the Baghdad embassy, which cost $600 million (£390 million) but required a further $100 million of work on air conditioning, and the Islamabad embassy, still under construction, which has cost more than $850 million.”

While we’re on the topic, we had yet another embassy employee move into my new apartment building this week.

This is the third apartment rented by the embassy.

Now I don’t pay taxes in the USA but I would like to ask our VIP Members from the USA – who are paying for these luxury accommodations – a question:

How do you feel when you read that your hard earned tax money is going towards housing government employees in one of the most luxurious apartment buildings in San Jose?

plasticbrad

Well I am 100% certain that this is not the largest waste of money in the US government.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Think of it this way . . . The more the U.S. spends on moated embassies and luxury accommodations for embassy employees the less is available to kill people with. Where, after all, is the money better spent, making people comfortable or dead?

sueandchris

David,

Perfectly said! Sue

maravilla

i think the US embassy is the only embassy where the US doesn’t own tbe land the building sits on. don’t they still lease it from gerald grosvenor???

waggoner41

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Think of it this way . . . The more the U.S. spends on moated embassies and luxury accommodations for embassy employees the less is available to kill people with. Where, after all, is the money better spent, making people comfortable or dead?[/quote]

In my opinion you are “dead wrong” on this one. In order to finance war the U.S. is willing to spend what should go to the poorer elements of society.

Why would you think that embassy employees are different than any other government employees. Look at the pay that is allocated to Congress for indecision and bickering. You can bet that they all live in accomodations at least as nice as Scotts.

Vmc

There’s a LOT I could say on this subject, but I wouldn’t be allowed to say it in a public forum Scott would understand…..Put it this way, you are ALL right to a degree, and that is why I want out of this handbasket…..Well, ONE of the reasons.

There is WAAAY more going on than meets the eye.

clayton

The money is best left in the pocket of those who earned it and not taken by force to be given to those who have no appreciation for what it took to earn it. I love this title “Parasites” the USA is full of them.

Vmc

[quote=”clayton”]The money is best left in the pocket of those who earned it and not taken by force to be given to those who have no appreciation for what it took to earn it. I love this title “Parasites” the USA is full of them.[/quote]

Congress and the White House are INFESTED with them……Hopefully the sheeple will awaken before it’s too late.

soldier

As a current U.S.federal employee, the one billion for the new U.S. embassy in London, England; is only a drop of water, in the ocean. You would be even more shocked, if you knew how much officially, and, how much in classified “Black” accounts; has been appropriated and spent! I myself am angered as a taxpayer, with inside knowledge. I send the IRS a check every year, attached to my 1040. Sadly, the government has the mentality and ability to just, keep printing more money.

MDesabrais

I do not support the spending spree that the US has been on for decades. This is only one of my reasons for looking into expatriating to CR. I’m sure the moated embassy was passed in our house and senate under the “homeland security” umbrella. Their budget seems to be untouchable…after all what politician wants to go on record for voting against a security issue and have it bashed around during the next election?

The US needs to put a stop to pork-barrell spending. I liken it to being in a marriage where financial matters are decided like this: “ok honey you can buy that truck if I get the kitchen remodeled”. One has nothing to do with the other, but it has become the way we in the US conduct our political spending! It is fiscally irresponsible and absolutely inexcusable.

Mike D

tomstew1

Wow!
    Disgruntled americans and disgruntled brits hating america.

One important lesson I learned early in life is this:
    If you don’t like the way the world looks (substitute world for ANYTHING), then change [u]YOUR[/u][b][/b] glasses.

If you think moving to Costa Rica is going to “make things better” then you may be in for a shock. You will or have brought the same bs to Costa Rica that you had in the US or where ever you come/came from….

It’s fairly common to bash AMERICA right now and honestly I too don’t like some of the happenings within our government. Who’s fault is it? It is ours; Afterall, we all have the opportunity to vote, to protest and make changes…. and do so without loosing your head, hand or otherwise to a government gun.

Has anyone considered that there may be STRICT zoning in London? hahahahahahah

Have a good day and please try to move forward postitive. You never know when the US may have to rescue your rear from being bombed by the Germans or you find yourself otherwise in peril.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You’re making a lot of assumptions there tomstew1

Please explain where the “hating” is in my initial post?

So we can all assume that you’re happy that your taxes are paying for that new one billion dollar embassy then?

And we can assume that you innocently believe your vote actually makes a difference?

So we should forget the past mistakes and the fact that we tend to repeat them ad nauseum and “move forward positive.”

clayton

Please don’t misconstrue our disdain for our government as a reflection of our love for our country.

Vmc

[quote=”clayton”]Please don’t misconstrue our disdain for our government as a reflection of our love for our country.[/quote]

Here Here!

…And What Scott said too!

I find it disturbing when people who have ABSOLUTELY no clue as to what is truly going on (and I’m not saying that this is the case here), jump up and call those who oppose Tyranny and Despotism “Haters”

Patriots all…….

Pura Vida.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.