Paragon Properties/Refund

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties/Refund

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Roxann

We are having a hard time getting our money back from Paragon Properties of CR. Actually, they stated since we did not personally tour our properties we can not receive the refund. We had a friend tour the properties for us and Paragon’s,Chairman of the Board (Bill Gale)as well as our sales person (Albert Hayat) knew that before our friend went to CR and their employee (Lyle Wexler) took him to our lots as well. They first told us our refund was being processed but we could not receive the money until the quarter after your request for refund was sent in. Then they change the story the next day to NO REFUND and said a letter had been mailed from the President (Esteban Soto Campos) in CR but when we finally received the letter on 5/4/07 it was dated 4/23/07 but mailed from Flordia on 5/1/07. They have delayed as much as possible so that this Sunday was the end of our 180 day refund period, even though we requested the refunds on 3/23/07 and 4/3/07. If I had not been calling I still would not know the status.
    They have done nothing but lied…Anyone, with a Paragon Story I would like to hear it and people need to know how they do business. Roxann

maravilla

That is really a sad story. So in other words, if one doesn’t actually go and inspect the lots, they get to keep the $25,000+? Wonder how many people this has happened to. Good luck. I hope you find a way to get your investment back without having to resort to legal action.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have emailed Mr. Gale – who visits this forum on a very regular basis – and asked him to respond to your concerns Roxann.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

marchoang

The same thing happened to me. When I called in to ask for a refund in mid March, they told me to fax them the request for refund. A week later, I received a letter stating that I must first inspect the site before a refund can be made. I’m making my trip later this month before my 180 days rights of recission. If I don’t like what I see, I’ll demand a refund. I just hope that they don’t play any games with me like they are with you. Do you have any advice or suggestions for me so that I can protect myself? Do you think Paragon will be around for the next 5 years and that they will eventually build the infrastructure and gatehouse to their developments as promised? If they do, I feel that the value of the land will be much higher once the infrastructure is completed. We do have a 5 year period of zero interest. What do you think? I just don’t like to do business with developers who plays games, don’t follow through with what was promised in a timely manner and can’t be trusted.

Roxann

THANK YOU. I have sent Bill Gale several e-mails and no response. Our partner has tried to call him and was told he is out of the country until this wed. and also tried to call the president Esteban Soto Campos and no luck. Roxann

Edited on May 07, 2007 09:27

*Lotus

For everyone reading this thread and is thinking of buying property in Costa Rica: Please do not send anyone money until you have been to the country first, seen and inspected the property and consulted with an attorney. Boy I’m a broker in Manhattan,Scott can you get some people to send me $25k before I show them a property, and my reputation is spotless! lol…I think you will owe Scott a big thank you, my guess is Gale will get your money back to you asap as he has been on this forum telling us all how good Paragon is…as they say “Put your Colones where your mouth is”.

fishrman

Yes, I too was interested in some of their projects, but being wary of sending them a “deposit” and having them sit on my money before I even have a chance to go down & look at the lots, seemed rather odd! I asked my in-laws who live in C.R. to see if they could go & see the properties instead of us, but they were flately refused. In my opinion, this is a scam & people need to stay away from this company and any of the “players” involved in this scam. I hope that all who’ve requested their “deposits” back receive them promptly! Good Luck!

Roxann

I have been talking to another man who went down in January 07 and asked for a refund the next week. He has been told he has to wait for the refund in the next quarter, which we are in now. He hopes to receive his money probably by the last day of the quarter (6/30/07). He is waiting for 40K, we are waiting for 96K. How many more people are waiting and how much money $$$ ?? He is keeping me posted. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Flordia and he has also. We were told we could get our money back for any reason with in the 180 days by our sales person, Albert Hayat, who also knew a friend of ours was going to look at he property for us. He said the refunds took about 30 or 45 days. I also had a conversation with Bill Gale because Ocean Palms South was not free and clean at the time he wanted us to sign and send in the deposit. I haave aletter from him stating he is holding the lot for us until this lein was paid off. We did not send in the second deposit until Jan. 07. I just want everyone to know what is going on with their delay tactics. Something has come up and we need our refund deposit money now!! Roxann

Edited on May 07, 2007 09:29

William Gale

Scott,

For the benefit of all of your readers I would like to tell you that all of the people who request refunds recieve them. There are certain conditions however that must be met. We provide for a six month refund
    inspection to presonally inspect the property. Upon such an inspection we offer several diferent options;
    1) keep the original property
    2) exchange for another lot or lots to their approval
    3) request a refund
    In some rare cases circumstances do not allow for the inspection to occur within the 180 day period so we extend that period for the customer.

We have over the past three years refunded several million dollars to customers who were not satisfied for whatever reason. Our contract is very specific and we abide by the contract as should the customers.
    It is not nor has it ever been our desire to hold customers in a contract they do not want. I am not aware of this particular client nor did I authorize any other party to make that determination for someone else without a power of attorney to act on their behalf.
    Had such a document been in our possession it would have been acceptable.

In checking the files I do not have a customer by the name of Roxann.
    I therefore cannot be sure if this is real or simply an attempt to be injurious to my company.
    I am always available at 954-925-1153 if you would like to contact me personally.

William Gale
    Chairman of the Board
    Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Roxann

Bill Gale, We purchased lot# 25 in Ocean Palms South and Lot# 80 in Buena Vista. You know who our friend is and he looked at our lots as well as his. Albert Hayat was in the office with you that day. I will now try to call you. Roxann

Roxann

Bill Gale, our partner tried to call but you are out to lunch, he left a message to call him or me. I missed Lyle Wexler’s call. I called him back and am waiting to hear back from him. I will post when we hear from you.

kimyoa650

If Mr. Gale work out in Florida, you can get the local authorities to investigate him for fraud. It is quite easy to file a complaint, and I would only go to the better business bureau later.

This seems like a big enough amount to warrant a federal investigation.

TommyB

THIS POSTING HAS BEEN DELETED ON ADVICE FROM COUNSEL

Roxann

9:33 PM here in the states
    I heard from Lyle Wexler, he said the same stuff about the 180 days and said I must be that customer that is hard to make happy and he will have to get back to me after talking to Bill Gale and Esteban Soto C.
    I just want my deposit money back.
    I have not heard from my partner so that must mean he did not get a return call from Bill Gale.
    If so, I’ll post tomorrow. Good Night

hugofeliz

THIS POSTING HAS BEEN DELETED ON ADVICE FROM COUNSEL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.