Paragon Properties – Playa Del Sol Deed Holders

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties – Playa Del Sol Deed Holders

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    simondg

[quote=”Imxploring”]simondg…

Take a step back from your situation a moment… perhaps you might not like what Lotus is saying… and he and I haven’t always agreed in the past. But as much as you (and countless others involved in Paragon investments) might want to find a solution I too think it’s a bit bigger than all of us.

This scam…. yes let’s call it what it was… will be winding it’s way through the CR and US courts for a decade… and even then there will be legal challenges that will pop up from the players that will make it drag on longer. And that’s got to run it’s course before you can even think about now getting folks together, come to agreement and finance the cost to finish the infrastructure to add any real value to these developments. And where might the money come from to do that? If this was an issue with limited players you might have a better chance… but there are a few thousand… not only the poor folks that invested… but banks… vendors… workers… contractors… and government agencies!

I’m one who likes the challenge of bringing people together and resolving issues others thought were unsolvable, but this mess would require too much time, money, and resolve from too many people with a multitude of angles that it’s better you look at it as a lesson learned.

I do however wish you luck should you’re out of body experience not deter you from chasing this endeavor![/quote]

I’m sure the guy who started this post appreciates your support – it seems none of you give a damn about this mans attempt to try to do something. Certainly in Lotus’s case it’s more important that he win the argument or prove that I’m wrong at whatever the cost is to this mans conviction to try to do something.

As regards your legal expertise assertions that the legal case has to run it’s course for ten years before anything can be done well it seems we now have another armchair expert with all the answers but none of the experience. Why don’t you and lotus open a consultancy offering your non binding legal opinions for people in CR? You’re all such experts on every aspect of this case it’s astounding. From Lotus’s “my twenty years in real estate” high horse to your litigation expertise we realy are spolit for choice as to which expert to follow!

I don’t and have never claimed to know the facts and I don’t know if my suggestion can work but the attitude of some in this forum is frankly astounding. Let’s not forget that lotus is the same guy that called me a “fool” for recommending gold to the readers of this forum when it was trading at $700…perhaps you should follow his advice instead. He has a way of drawing out the mob to support him but as we know the mob is an ass.

*Lotus

“Certainly in Lotus’s case it’s more important that he win the argument or prove that I’m wrong at whatever the cost is to this mans conviction to try to do something.”

No where in my post do I try and prove you wrong nor do I care to. I am expressing an opinion that differs from yours, you apparently can’t handle that. No one should follow any advice given on a public forum, none of us here are experts….including you. People need to make up their own minds on how to proceed, not based on your ranting or anyone else’s on an anonymous web forum.

And please show me where I call you a fool for buying gold? I have been accumulating gold over the last 6 months.

Imxploring
    Participant

Simondg wrote….

“As regards your legal expertise assertions that the legal case has to run it’s course for ten years before anything can be done well it seems we now have another armchair expert with all the answers but none of the experience. Why don’t you and lotus open a consultancy offering your non binding legal opinions for people in CR? You’re all such experts on every aspect of this case it’s astounding. From Lotus’s “my twenty years in real estate” high horse to your litigation expertise we realy are spolit for choice as to which expert to follow!”

Sorry dude…. seems that even the most basic of advice from folks here becomes fodder for a fight with you! I never claimed to be an expert… nor was I looking to argue with you. Besides one of the rules here is that we don’t give out legal advice…. but COMMON SENSE advice is permitted! Sorry I wasted my time posting! I’ll leave you alone now to rot and enjoy watching this situation develop…. in ten year or so we’ll see if my “legal expertise” was on target… but keep one thing in mind my friend… both Lotus and myself might not be experts (nor did we claim to be… but perhaps reading Comp isn’t your thing when you’re too busy looking to attack folks)… but we were both smart enough NOT to invest in Paragon and are both folks that saw the warning signs long before the house of cards came down… and perhaps that’s a little tidbit of wisdom that is rather important to take note of when you attack folks that are posting opinions and advice about a situation.

No doubt you’re just one of those folks that get on here looking to hide behind a keyboard and play tough guy because of a serious character flaw that makes doing so impossible in person… I’ll just refer to you as an “armchair tough guy”… safe and secure in the opinion that in real life you’re not nearly much of a man without the armchair!

Just an opinion… no need to reply… not that you’ll pass up the chance!

waggoner41

Not being affected and with not much to contribute I’ve pretty much ignored the Paragon Properties situation.

From the little I have heard I would agree that this is a scam rather than a company folding for legitimate reasons. There seemd to be an effort to keep everyone at arms length while suckering others. If I had the resources (meaning many others involevd) I’d go after them just to see justice done.

Does anyone know where the principles of the company are? Are they untouchable by law? Court cases here are extravagently long running. It would take a pretty intense effort to find others who lost on the deal but not impossible.

Lotus is right, you might be retired before you had a resolution but somebody got rich at a lot of other peoples expense.

My opinion, nothing more.

johnlack

My humble $0.02 …the whole Paragon scheme was clearly a scam from start to finish …the legal process will be lengthy and ultimately yield little for the investors. Maybe something could be put together if a majority of the investors could somehow come together, however one shouldn’t underestimate the difficulty of doing that.

Bill Gale is a crook and a con artist, given he’s made some money from this and other disasters and still walks around free one can assume a degree of smarts. If I had lost money in this scheme I wouldn’t be so much looking to a legal solution as to help from some of my “Colombian” friends in Florida. Just a thought!

Texas

[quote=”johnlack”]My humble $0.02 …the whole Paragon scheme was clearly a scam from start to finish …the legal process will be lengthy and ultimately yield little for the investors. Maybe something could be put together if a majority of the investors could somehow come together, however one shouldn’t underestimate the difficulty of doing that.

Bill Gale is a crook and a con artist, given he’s made some money from this and other disasters and still walks around free one can assume a degree of smarts. If I had lost money in this scheme I wouldn’t be so much looking to a legal solution as to help from some of my “Colombian” friends in Florida. Just a thought![/quote]

johnlack, you have a lack of sense. This disaster needs to be dealt with through legal channels. I don’t appreciate your suggestion of a solution-not appropriate, not acceptable & you should go to your room for a long time.

maravilla

where is everyone going to file suit? Costa Rica? Florida? the legal process will go on for years, more here in costa rica than in the states, but nonetheless, you may get justice, but you won’t get your money refunded, and it will eat up a whole lot of years of your time and life. didn’t someone post a long litany of the suspicious business dealings of the principals of paragon? didn’t they have a failed ostrich farm, and an internet thing that went bust and cost investors millions? people rant and rave about due diligence and then they hand over thousands of dollars hoping they will double their money, or whatever the sales pitch was. it was the first thing i was warned about in costa rica before i had ever set foot in country — stay away from them and all the other real estate scams.

Imxploring
    Participant

Texas wrote….

“johnlack, you have a lack of sense. This disaster needs to be dealt with through legal channels. I don’t appreciate your suggestion of a solution-not appropriate, not acceptable & you should go to your room for a long time.”

Hey…. wait a minute there Texas! If your username is true to it’s word… I’m thinking some good old Texas justice is just what the boys from Paragon deserve! LOL

Didn’t Willie Nelson say it in song with Toby…

“Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
    A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
    Take all the rope in Texas
    Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
    Hang them high in the street for all the people to see…”

I know they don’t mention using some “imported” help from Columbia to do the job… but these days I guess it’s OK to use a day laborer to get the job done!

Just a thought!

rf2cr
    Participant

I have been away from the site for some time, just busy living the good life in Costa Rica, in my absence there seems to have built up some “personality conflicts” between some posters. Why did a post by Lotus, which gave a common sense approach to the problem bring such vitriolic replies?
    My limited understanding of Costa Rican law leads me to understand that once there is a lawsuit that affects the main property (if the lots have not been segregated and registered) a hold is placed on the property and NOTHING can be done until the courts have decided the case, which can take years. Not saying you shouldn’t do everything you can, but the only solution might be to stop digging the hole deeper.

maravilla

if you’ve never been in protracted litigation, you have no idea of the hell that awaits you, and given that the land is in costa rica and the principals are in the States, if this got resolved in ten or twelve years, i would be very surprised. we’re still fighting with our insurance company over an accident that happened in 1993. we’ve been to court twice, and it still hasn’t been resolved. the other case i was involved in was against Big Pharma, and that went on for 8 years, and would’ve gone on for another 8 if we all hadn’t settled. both of these instances were cut and dried, and yet they dragged on and on — some people died, some gave up early on, and that’s what will happen with paragon. it’s a war of attrition and nothing more than a game to the lawyers who don’t give a rat’s behind about any of the plaintiffs, or whether they lost their last dime.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I remember the conversation well, a famous London solicitor (who at the time was charging well over $1,000 per hour and this was a decade ago) who haughtily told me the “the law had nothing to do with justice but everything to do with politics and greed.”

Based on his hourly fees, he was doing exceedingly well in the “politics and greed” business.

Scott

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.