Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    darlenejo

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! The contract states that if you decide not to keep the property, you will get a full deposit refund. I have been waiting for over 3 months for this refund, to the tune of LOST INTEREST OF APPROX $900. And Paragon refuses to pay the interest, or identify when I will get the money back. They have had my money since August, and I requested a refund in December. The sales manager in the Florida office, Les, stated “we did not promise when the money would be refunded”.

This delay indicates to me that there are many people requesting refunds and Paragon does not have the funds available to return the deposit.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!! I suggest you write into the contract that refunds are to be returned within 30 days.

jasman

Oh, Goodie! ANOTHER topic about Paragon. Just what we needed.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Now, now! Behave yourself 🙂 With the amount of marketing that Paragon does, it’s nor surprising that there will be a lot of activity on this subject.

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

I think Paragon will eventually get these projects built out, but what really amazes me is that anyone would send them $35k based on an internet ad or tv spot!!! In most cases they have never seen the land and have never set foot in the country…that is just plain crazy. I would not be surprised if in fact they are having to handle a lot of refunds after you wake up in Parrita after a 2.5 hour bone rattling ride from San Jose and realize this ain’t west Palm beach and can’t find a burger king lol…I’m sure they do want there money back.

jasman

There’s an old saying, “Don’t buy a pig in a poke.” A poke, apparently, is a sack. In other words, don’t pay money for something you haven’t seen. It’s common sense. Sometimes it seems that common sense isn’t all that common anymore.

I really don’t know that much about Paragon, but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. They could be a very honest company that invested a lot of money in land in Costa Rica, invested more in roads and infrastructure, got bogged down in delays from the Government, and has run out of money to complete the development, so they need advance deposits from customers to finance the completion of the projects. That doesn’t make them dishonest or a bad company, just one that was under-capitalized from the beginning. So, I’m not going to say anything bad about them, or jump on any bashing bandwagon. We’ll see how it plays out.

On the other hand, I’m not going to buy any property from them.

kidkayak

I was getting ready to buy some property today. I did some searching and looked up my salesperson. According to the an SEC filing against a person named Barrington Schneer, Charles Ehrlich, was the top salesman in the Boiler Room operation for a company named GET ANSWERS. I would hope this is a another Charles Ehrlich, but I’m not willing willing to risk my money. I wonder if the president of Paragon Properties is aware of his background.

Bob Cobb
    The website I got this infromation from is

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/comp18955.pdf

maravilla

I just read the complaint and it seems you could just plug in different names and the name of some property development project and you have the same game with the same high-pressure tactics. Do some more checking. There are other interesting documents out there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.