Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sally

I copied this exactly from the follwong website

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/paragon-properties-of-costa-rica-c269899.html

Paragon Properties Of costa Rica Complaints – theft
    Review all Paragon Properties Of costa Rica complaints
    Paragon Properties Of costa Rica
    Posted: 2009-10-22 by sEi

theft
    Complaint Rating: 0 % with 0 votes
    Company information:
    SI
    California
    United States

My name is stacey and I am a victim of fraud and theft by Paragon. You should call the FBI and AG of the state they are in which is FL. They have taken my husbands money and will not give it back! The FBI needs a few more compliants. They will GO to jail for what they are doing. They sell you corperations that you can not and DO NOT own! Its fraud and when you find out that it’s fraud and ask for your money back they say NO! In my case they never even sent me a deed or SA. I have a meeting with a Federal Investigator and encourage other victims to do the same. They will wish they just gave back the money… No LLC or Corp is going to hide them from crimanl activities. You cant do this in USA and get away with it! Read the news Paragon!
    Sincerely,
    Unhappy victim from the start
    SI

Andrew
    Keymaster

Well I for one will be ecstatically happy if we ever get some good news about this firm and any of their projects.

If I may repeat my offer…

Please note that if any of our VIP Members can email me (admin@WeLoveCostaRica.com ) photographs of the completed infrastructure – if it exists – in any of Paragon’s 17 different projects, some of which were started in early 2005, I would be delighted to publish them – “con mucho gusto.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Imxploring
    Participant

Perhaps Paragon might want to change all these projects into rough camping grounds… dirt roads, back to nature sites unspoiled by man… no electricity, water, or other modern bothers… they could market it as “Paragon Campgrounds of Costa Rica” for the backpackers out there that find their way to Costa Rica…. of course the poor folks that bought into this whole “deal” might be unhappy to find that the lots that they spent BIG money on are now being used for folks to set up tents and campsites!

aenaze1

You already know the answer to that Scott…seriously.

As far as hiding criminal activity behind a corporate entity I have only two words – gold mansacks.

Here is what I do not understand. After 5 mostly inactive years from what appears to be a non performing company, people still entrust significant sums and refuse to perform due diligence prior to the purchase and even after. Then after the deal is in flames they suddenly learn how to use a search engine? The worst part is that the developers in preconstruction that have enlisted stirling technical teams, are debt free and moving ahead in the strictest accordamce with the regulatory environment that is the new hallmark of building Costa Rica are lumped in with the riff raff albeit sometimes only passively, however that is ehough and is unfortunate for all parties.

bogino
    Participant

What’a amazing to me is that there are still people that fall for this kind of stuff and how few people spend the time and effort to take their time and do all their due diligence.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The worst of it is that it probably wouldn’t take very much diligence to turn up enough reports of bad outcomes to scare off the average person. A quick Google search should turn up many, many hits.

This all speaks to the general gullibility of the masses and the power of powerful salesmanship. A local real estate agent has bragged in my presence that he could sell anything to anybody. He’s not alone in that.

map12

You have the camping idea right on target. The “Survival” show should contract with Paragon to have a show on some or all of their 17 properties. Survival on land with nothing except gate houses. It could be a reality series where landowners are trying to survive on their lots with no golf, shopping centers, tennis, restaurants, beach club and not to mention infrastructure. However, I don’t know if anyone can get past the barbed wire so Paragon would have to agree & maybe they can make a few bucks for dinners, trips, etc.

I know this is not funny to the people who put money up with these guys. It’s my hope that those people do something about not getting screwed.

Just wonder about the people who can get their $ back after 5 years as stated in their contracts.

enduro

I googled “Paragon properties” and got 181000 hits… from Boston Mass to Perth Austrailia…

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Yes, and did any of them have anything good to relate?

enduro

There were LOTS of sites still trying to sell properties, or rent (as in Boston). I actually had to go to page 2 before I found a “review”, a quick parousal of that showed several people saying how good the deal was… no full names, just christian names and an initial for the surname, with a city and state locale.
    These quotes were all one liners… could easily have been manufactured or taken out of context.
    BAD reviews were even further into the search and pretty well buried!!!

Seems like they do have ways to “stop” the bad stuff from being seen…

maravilla

threats of being sued for libel is also in their bag of tricks.

Imxploring
    Participant

Seems at this point that the TRUTH should trump any threat of legal action!

jhaywood3

I felt pretty good with my amount of diligence, and as Enduro said there are thousands of results that come up and you have to get many pages into it before you find any negativity. So, I only put down the minimum deposit with Paragon. In my opinion, you make a lot of money in real estate and you lose a lot of money in real estate. I have chalked this one up to a loss after speaking with an attorney in the US. Apparently, Paragon has had judgments against them already, the attorney I spoke to had presented two cases against Paragon and is currently working on a third.

In both of the previous cases, Paragon shelled out a little bit of the money they owed investors and then stopped paying. She said she doubts that her current client will get any money out of any judgment. I have spoken with Pablo and Orlando Diaz and they said they would call me back…you can guess how that turned out.

Probably like a Ponzi scheme, they duped some new sucker and paid a little back to those who were pissed. Unlike a Ponzi scheme, the properties are actually listed in CR’s Registro Nacional as owned by Paragon so there is no way of going after them Criminally. I filed a complaint with the attorney general of Florida and they told me to contact other agencies, who in turn told me they don’t handle that sort of thing. Looks like the legal system in the US is about as good as it is down here in CR.

So, I gave them the benefit of the doubt for a while, now I am moving on, happy that I only lost a small deposit, having learned yet another Real Estate lesson and have already made up the deposit that I lost.

It sucks that they are getting away with this, and I am really sorry for everyone that has lost money to them. Lesson: If it seems too good to be true…you know the rest.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.