Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cher

I need to know about them. They seem agressive. I am looking for property in Costa Rica. Are they legit? I can’t find any real info. on them only inuendos. They gave me a name as a reference but wasn’t convinced, she sounded pre-occupied and didn’t seem to know CR. Neither did the sales rep, although he claims he’s been there a few times. He says the roads are great which tips me off to he’s never been there…lol
    Cher

Andrew
    Keymaster

There is a significant amount of discussion forum posting on this site and many other CR sites about Paragon, please ‘search’ and you will find some information.

Just because a company is ‘aggressive’ does not mean that they are doing anything wrong. Although I must admit, saying the roads are “great” may be somewhat “optimistic.”

We are also expecting to hear from their attorneys soon about a variety of topics so you will have a lot of information to review.

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

cher

Hi Scott, thanks for the response. I agree, agressive doesn’t indcate wrong doing. I have looked on the previous postings in this site and others but can’t determine anything concrete which would assist me in making my decision. Example; There is a lot of specualtion that they are not what they claim to be. On the other hand, I haven’t seen anyone claiming they did not recieve what they were promised either. I’ll wait for the lawyer to respond. Thanks

BTW your site is great!

vivian

Okay, here were my specific concerns with the sales pitch from Paragon properties and this may be true of other developers in Costa Rica. In pitching the tracts of land they were selling in 1 hector plots (2.47 acres) that could be subdivided, they could not offer specific information on how difficult it was to subdivide it. It seems to me that they should know this. Also a major concern is that the “Community” would be fenced and gated upon completion of the final buildout. What about those who build first. What about squatters on the property. Maybe I’m wrong about this but it seems to me that if squatters are a valid concern in Costa Rica then I would need to buy a property that is already gated at purchace, otherwise any vacant land could become a target for squatters. Please give me feedback on this. I’m puzzled. Are there squatters just waiting for people to purchsase property so they can squat and if squatting is condoned by the government, do the squatters have legal title to the property or just “squatters rights” for as long as they squat?

*Lotus

I think you are getting more concerned than than need be about squatters. This is not a big problem in most of Costa Rica and I really only heard of any real problems occuring in the southern zone about 10 or 15 years ago. No matter where you buy theoreticly you expose yourself to “squatters”. There are many other things to worry about; at the risk of wrath from other members I would suggest you take a look at Columbus heights in playa hermosa. They are offering 1.3 acre lots starting at $60k and you can speak with the independant contractor that was hired to build out the infrastructure etc… also you can just go down and look at the property with no deposit. If you really have doubts hire an attorney and have him/her look into it for you. Yes I have signed a contract to buy and yes after doing my own due diligence feel good about my decision. I believe this deal is much better than what Paragon is offering for many reasons.

vivian

Thanks I will do that.

apossek

Can you please let me know how to find these columbus Heights and Playa Hermosa?
    Thanks

Andrew
    Keymaster

May I suggest you do a search for those terms on the internet?

Scott

poschneider
    Participant

I am currently working with them and have found them to be open and flexible. There were some issues when I visted to inspect the first lot I selected and they immediately acknowledeged the concern and asked me how I would like the situation fixed. I suggested that they adjust their pricing to what I thought it should be. They accomodated the request with no pushback. They also offerred to further accomodate my desire for a more dramatic ocean view property. They arranged for another site visit at another development and I found exactly what I was looking for. They extended the same original deal terms to this new location as the previous location even though the pricing and sizings were different (more expensive). They added in a second adjoining lot to make the size comparable. They do tend to be a little pushy in the sales process, but if that is what you expect, you should be able to deal with it. I think they have done a good job supplying information to educate buyers. I also briefly met with Bill Gale – I tend to do business based on impressions and Bill gave off a positive vibe and appeared sincere in his intent to provide a good product at a desirable price point. Whether or not he will be able to pull it off in the long run is a good question as they do not have a tremendous amount of homes built on their existing properties. The model homes I did look at were of good solid constuction – cement walls everywhere, no sheet rock, good workmanship, etc. – much better than what I usually see in the US.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.