Paragon Properties in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paragon Properties in Costa Rica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    bhdixon

Just to let everyone know. I had a good experience with Paragon even though I did not end up purchasing from them. I went thru the entire process with them and visited the property. My wife and I finally decided that CR was not for us right now and the property location was not enough to overcome our hesitations. Paragon refunded my money in full. It did take them awhile (about 47 days to be exact)but I did get it all back. Pura Vida!

Andrew
    Keymaster

That is good news and hopefully everybdoy else receives the same prompt treatment.

Now that the ‘technical problems’ are behind me I will post your two photographs online so that people can see the lot you visited.

Would you please be kind enough to give me a few words describing the land and it’s lovcation as best as you can to go along with the photos Bruce?

Scott

JackFresno

I just started to talk to them and I haven’t had a very good experience. I think it is because I’m an american that already lives in Costa Rica.

I have only been dealing with them on the phone, which they are calling from some obvious boiler call center room. They were very unprofessional and rude. I was really interested in their property so I put up with it.

As soon as I told them that I’m currently living in Costa Rica, they told me that I should just go looking for some other property on my own and they almost hung up on me. I told them that I was really interested, so they decided to continue. I haven’t received any package that they said they would send, though.

I even called their local office in Costa Rica. I talked to the receptionist at first and explained who I was, who I already talked to, and why I was calling. She transferred me to this rude fast talking salesman, and I had to repeat everything again. He didn’t know why I was calling.
    After I told him that I was already living in Costa Rica, he asked me why was I even calling them? It was like I was bothering them.

I’m just stating the facts of my experience. I definitely will not be continuing with them, mostly because of their unprofessional service and the fact that the whole deal doesn’t seem legitimate.

I really can’t see how anyone would give them any money or “purchase” property from them.

jasman

JackFresno? My name is John and I’m living in Fresno. Small world! How long have you lived in CR?

bhdixon

Hi Scott,

Lot 43 in Playa del Sol was the lot we liked the best of the ones shown to us. The view of the ocean looked to be at least 2 miles away from the site. Playa del Sol is located so that you overlook the Punterenas port area near where the ferries launch from. Unfortunately there were no tourist type beaches nearby and the nearest ones were about 3/4 hr drive from Playa del Sol I was told. The pictures shown were taken on a cloudy day in October 2005 so I’m sure the view would look better if taken in the dry season in bright sunlight. Of course we ultimately withdrew from the purchase and obtained our deposit back. It would be interesting to know if Paragon did follow through and actually put improved roads in place of the rustic trails that we saw.

bhdixon

That’s interesting. I guess they feel as if they know their market. They seem to be trying to appeal to people who live in the US so they can get a large deposit as part of their sales approach. They probably figure rightly that people who already live in CR would be less likely to plunk down large sums before seeing the property. There is a psychological advantage for them if they can get this large investment up front in my opinion. I guess they saw me as a ripe prospect because they bent over backwards for me and were very attentive to my questions and requests. When I went to visit and view the property after sending them $35K, they treated my wife and I like royalty. I can only say that I was treated well and that if they saw you as a waste of their time it is not surprising however unfortunate that they would give you the brush.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This posted by abcdeat in the wrong place – Reposted here

Posted Jan 22,2006 6:24 AM abcdeat

Greetings, I have just returned from Costa Rica, and ,yes I am an investor. I have purchased 2 parcels of the newer project called Ocean Point, above Miramar, and it is stunningly beautifull. One parcel is 18000 m2 and the other 13000 plus. I have toured the new offices in santa ana,did all my due dilligence and I am satisfied at this point. Time will tell. I also have met several scam artists here and in Costa Rica, and I have to tell you that this does not feel like it at all.Next year this time the roads and infra structure should be complete and the people that had enough faith in the project will be in the position to start construction or list the lots for sale at a considerable profit. and by the way, I do not work for the company, nor do I get compensated for this writing!!!!! I would also encourage any one who feels that this is a scam,will have enough integrity to come back later and admit that they were wrong. Syd Mulder, Ocracoke NC.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Just for the record – I may be wrong but I don’t remember anybody calling this project a scam – I certainly have not – We are simply trying to encourage people to ask questions and do their homework.

As noted in the forum on numerous occasions, I sincerely hope this project is a roaring success and everybody is delighted with the land that they have purchased.

Please share with us – What did you pay for the land that you did buy? What are the prices now?

Scott

abcdeat

I am sorry if I offende any one by the ref. of “scam”, The fact of somuch negative imput probably influenced that ref. All I like to share with anybody interested, is the fact that every thing any one with in the company has said about the property has been more then accurate. One would be hard pressed to describe the beauty in words. The price I paid was $ 35000 down , the balance of $ 50000 payable within 60 month. No interest during that period. Each parcel will have services for two home sites,including a septic system for a 2000 sqFt home each. They do not do any re-sales, at this time. Don’t forget that the lots won’t be ready for re-sale for another 12 month. Hope this may be of some help.

bhdixon

Sounds pretty good. Did they take you to see your lot on an ATV? That’s what they did with us. I paid the same (35K down)but later backed out of the deal and got my deposit back. I would love to know if they did the improvements to Playa del Sol that they told me would be done by now. It might end up being a great deal for you but I have heard through my contacts in CR that they are a bit behind in making road improvements. That made me a little nervous. I never thought it was a scam but I was afraid that if the real estate market falls apart it may make it more difficult for them to complete some of the projects. Remember that you are in a long line and if they go BK before infrastructure is in and before you have an actual deed you could be left holding ownership of a corporation that doesn’t actually own anything. In my contract it said you are not issued a deed until up to 100 days after paying your balance in full. Read your contract and know it well is all I’m saying. It may work out great for you but go in with your eyes open.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see your comments and the two photographs you emailed to me at

Thank you for your help

Scott

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see your comments and the two photographs you emailed to me at

Thanks again for your help Bruce

Scott

PS. If anyone else has photographs of ‘any’ infrastructure whatsoever at any of Paragon’s properties – please email it to me or simply upload it on this site at:

lipskm

How long it took you to get your deposit back?

Andrew
    Keymaster

A question for all of you…

With so much ‘confusion’ around about some Costa Rica real estate developers, I am seriously thinking about building a whole new section of this site to feature experienced, proven real estate developers in Costa Rica. Developers that I and my attorneys will personally check out to verify that everything is legit’…

What do you think of that idea?

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

bhdixon

47 days after they recvd my request in writing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.