Paperwork out of date??

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Paperwork out of date??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    VictoriaLST

Has anyone else run into this? From our lawyer: “we have receive notice from Immigration they are requiring new Police reports duly Apostille”. Evidently, they have been so slow processing the paperwork that our reports are out of date.

Snodad101

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Has anyone else run into this? From our lawyer: “we have receive notice from Immigration they are requiring new Police reports duly Apostille”. Evidently, they have been so slow processing the paperwork that our reports are out of date.[/quote]

I haven’t heard of it, but don’t doubt it. out of curiosity, how long has it been since you had the original police reports done?

costaricafinca
    Participant

Not from personal experience, but have heard of this happening in the past, so you will have to supply an up-to-date report.
    Acquaintances have been waiting for 2 years and as far as I know, have not been required to update their report.
    Didn’t you mention that you had a problem when you first applied for Residency? Could it have something to do with that?

VictoriaLST

We got our letter in May of ’13 but had applied in 2012. Everything was apostiled at that point. Don’t know why we are “out of date” when friends of ours had paperwork in for 5 years with no problems.

costaricafinca
    Participant

We, too, waited a [i]very long time[/i] for residency. Could it be a problem with the lawyer not ‘transferring’ it to immigration?
    Hope you get it sorted out soon.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Duplicated

Imxploring
    Participant

Inconsistency in policy, procedure, rules, and interpretation of same is a hallmark of government in CR! Hopefully you will be able to obtain a new police records check to complete (or at least continue) the process. Friends had their fingerprints and other documents redone twice before completing the process. Keep your own copies of everything. Don’t count on your attorney to do so.

VictoriaLST

more records, more money. Jeesh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.