Pacific coast property

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Pacific coast property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Larry1

I will be in CR March. 13,06 for two weeks and will be looking to buy a place where the water is clear for diving. Any ideas. I thought I would rent a car in San Jose and drive to the coast.

dkt2u

Hello Larry, your best diving by far is on the Carribbean side of the country. I moved to the Pacific side in April of last year. Depending on where you want to purchase be prepared for sticker shock in most areas of the pacific coast. That said, there are still some bargains out there. It all depends on what you really want out of a property. I will talk with some others in our area about the diving aspects along the coast and let you know what I find out. Dave

*Lotus

My girl friend is a diver and we did a trip up near playa flamingo to a recomended dive outfit. It was really dissapointing to say the least, very cold and very limited visability. They saw only a limited amount of sea life, overall it was fairly unimpressive. If you are use to the clear waters of the carribean you may be dissapointed with your experience on the pacific coast. I have read about an island off the coast of C.R. that is supposed to have fantastic diveing, I believe you can’t actually land on the island but can moor and then dive.

pweisel

National Geographic did a video piece on this island recently, I saw it on pbs. Called it some of the best diving in the world and only for advanced divers, due to currents and sharks. The video was phenomenal. The island was 300 miles south of Golfito and if you do an internet search you’ll find the outfit that will take you down to that island. You can only get there by ship.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.