Owning a business in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Owning a business in Costa Rica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Drew35
    Participant

I would like to move to Costa Rica but would still like to earn an income. I was thinking of maybe buying a hotel or bed and breakfast to produce a steady income.

Do any of you own businesses in Costa Rica?

If so where would be the best area to own a business that will attract business from tourists?

Andrew
    Keymaster

In buying any business in Costa Rica, I try to encourage people to stick with what they know rather than trying to start a new business which they know little about, in a country they know nothing about and doing all of this in a language that they normally do not speak.

So what life experience have you had that you could use to make a small business in Costa Rica a success? Are you a hotel or B&B owner now?

The “best area” will typically be the most expensive too, the secret is to find or start your new business “in the path of progress” that will be the best area in five years time when you’re ready to sell..

Hope that helps.

Drew35
    Participant

I have business experience but not in the hotel/hospitality industry.

Ideally I would like to buy an existing profitable business that already has quality management in place.

I know that Kay’s Gringo Postre (successful restaurant) is for sale in Atenas. The owners are moving back to TX for medical reasons…

Hauer330

Hello, Are you into sport fishing at all? We are selling our sport fishing magazine business, it’s a franchise type operation based out of Florida. It’s a home based business. Let me know if you might be interested and I can get you more information.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.