OwnCostaRica.com Anyone know anything about them?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum OwnCostaRica.com Anyone know anything about them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    dperotti

There is a development company in the southwest of Costa Rica called owncostarica.com. They are portrayed as a full service devloper. Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

Dave

anneliseped

My husband and I along with another couple visited the site three years ago. We stayed at a really attractive guest house belonging to the company, were shown completed and partially completed homes which were well built using excellent designs and natural materials. The flora and fauna were outstanding and the mountain and ocean views were spectacular.
    We were positive and interested but did not purchase because of the distance and time needed to travel to the international airport. Anyone who does not need to travel back and forth to North America or Europe frequently would be well advised to check it out.

dperotti

Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it.

Dave

sschmidt

I just visited the same web site and was impressed. I tried to call using their contact phone number and was unable to reach them. I did send an e-mail and am waiting for their response.

Have you done any further research into this company? I did not find anything in the way of forum input.

What is the time/travel arrangements required to get back and forth from San Jose? Also, has anybody heard of any future plans to build an airport in Golfito?

audears

I agree, the site looks great! But the properties are so far away from San Jose! I put a call into the Costa Rican Consulate today, requesting information. They told me that any other airport that might be built in the future is WAY in the future. They said they’d send me a package of information. If anything is new or extremely relevant, I’ll post it when I receive it.

sschmidt

I have not heard back from this company yet – what type of information is the Costa Rican Consulate sending? Look forward to seeing if you receive anything interesting.

anneliseped

There is a small (not international) airport at the town of Palmar Sur, less than 10km from the site. The drive from San Jose over the mountains took about 5.5 hours and through Orotina and along the coast about the same, but on the second route you do not have to drive through San Jose from the airport in Alajuela.

Andrew
    Keymaster

This was posted in the wrong place and inserted here by SCott

Posted Feb 07,2006 9:49 AM drellen

I am writing this from the properties that OwnCostaRica markets… I bought here in june 2002…. built a guest house and will start a main home march/april…

You get used to the ride from San Jose.. it is very prestine here and absolutely no traffic…… yet. the town of ojochal just got phone service so a lot will happen quickly now I would think. land is going through the roof. I can help anyone come here and look at property!
    Ventana Del Pacifico is the name of the actual developer.
    Dr. Ellen

keviyon

My wife and I are buying two lots here. One for our permanent retirement home and one in the gated community as a rental. We love the area and the developers. We are looking for country not city, so this works for us. Unfortunately, we will not be moving down for a few years…sigh!!! KFisher

pweisel

What’s nice about Southern Pacific Zone of CR is the low human density and the high environmental diversity. Yes, It’s a bit of a hassle to get to this region, though not as hard as you might think as there are small planes that fly from SJ many times daily. As a propterty owner in Uvita, what I see happening is that the tourist masses are headed to the Northern Pacific, which is fine by me. Those in the Southern Zone have the opportunity to develop luxurious, tranquil communities while those to the north pack in the crowds. (kind of like the difference between Big Sur and Montery or Santa Cruz) What type of enviroment do you want to live in? No wrong answers here, but I advise you really sort it out for yourself before you buy.

happygirl

Well; Lo and behold, I was at the National Home show in Toronto today and the WeOwnCostaRica had a big display. They had two lovely sales girls there who where doing a great job until they told me that the new “International Airport” was being built, close to their project amd should be operational in a few months. I’m afraid at that point I got into quite a heated discussion with them!!Anyway anyone thinking of buying property there should have no trouble flying in and out of Costa Rica with the “new” International Airport being right on their doorstep!!! LOL

shelaghd

We have bought land and are building a house with Own Costa Rica/Ventanas del Pacifica. We love the country and the southern Pacific region especially. As for the airport – it is a go. It is probably 8 – 10 years away, but plans are underway. Developers are buying up the Palm oil plantations in the area and land prices are on the rise again. The Govt. want to get the infrastructure in place before they put money into the airport. I believe one or more of the large hotel chains has also bought land near the proposed airport.
    The dirt runway/airport at Palma Sur is perfect for a short hop to San Jose, and is only about 20 mins from the VDP properties and, as already mentioned, they fly out a couple of times a day.
    This company (VPD)has been in southern Costa Rica since the late 1980’s and are well established. They seem to be very interested in maintaining the ‘wild’ nature of the land and do not tend to overdevelop. Also they do not go for the ‘hard sell’. They let Costa Rica do the selling for them…. I think your Home Show girls were a bit off the mark, but everyone has the opportunity to go down and stay free for a couple of days, ask all the questions they want and can walk away if not interested.
    shelaghd

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please do show us where we can all verify that “As for the airport – it is a go.” And “The Govt. want to get the infrastructure in place before they put money into the airport.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

shelaghd

We are just back from another visit and are amazed by the work that is going on down there. I cannot give chapter and verse to prove the airport is a go – but all the signs are there. The unfinished highway south of Quepos was a hive of activity with crews and machinery working on a Sunday! There is a huge new hospital under construction in Cortez (near the new airport site) and I was told that on the day we arrived there was an official meeting of land owners and interested parties meeting with government officials to discuss the airport plans and address local concerns. The large hotel chain Barcelo has spent millions on land purchases in the area as have other developers. People do not throw that kind of money around without inside knowledge! I also heard that the land for the airport has actually been purchased, although I also heard that they are still doing their environmental studies…
    I don’t think that there can be any doubt about this actually happening – but as you know, in Latin America timing is a whole other issue.

That’s my update.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I appreciate your “update” but there’s actually no real news here is there? And no facts? And certainly no proof.

I am sure that what you have “heard” sounds very interesting and some “signs” are there but until you can give us news from an authoritative source – there is indeed MUCH doubt that a new international airport is “actually happening.”

Please give me the folio real number of the land that has been supposedly purchased for the airport and also by Barcelo and I will have my attorneys look into it for our VIP Members.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.