Overstaying your first 90 days

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Overstaying your first 90 days

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fincatenorio

Does anyone know if you overstay your first 90 days and then leave CR and return any problems with returning ??? TIA

costaricafinca
    Participant

The chances are slim, but this [i]’detail'[/i] will be placed with your passport information on the immigration/airport computers, and will appear on the screen when checked.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Lately, too, we’ve heard reports from incoming passengers that Immigration was counting the number of tourist visas they’d been granted in the past. This plus the detail that crfinca notes above may signal a change in the way Immigration is looking at things [i]tourista[/i].

Minuit

Once at the immigration, the lady checked all the stamps and said:” Well you have been coming here very very often !!” and I said, yes it is because I love it so much here, there is nowhere else I’d rather be.
    She smiled and said: Muchas Gracias y muy bienvenida !!
    She stamped my passport again and let me in…
    I’m in and out of the country 2 or 3 times a year so my passport is full of Costa Rica stamps !!!:lol:

waggoner41

[quote=”fincatenorio”]Does anyone know if you overstay your first 90 days and then leave CR and return any problems with returning ??? TIA[/quote]
    While resolving issues at Migracion I was told that once my documents for residency were filed with them the only entity concerned with the 90 day limit was COSEVI. I obtained my Costa Rica drivers license and have had no problems since. Living in Colon, I am stopped by either the local police or traffic quite often and have had no problem since obtaining the license.:shock:

costaricafinca
    Participant

Yes, while in country, showing your license seems to be fine, as it is not immigration who is checking it!
    The problems is being allowed to board the airplane!
    It is the airlines that have the decision to make, and if they allow you to get on the plane and when you arrive in CR, if Immigration decides to check and for [i]some reason decides [/i]that an infraction has taken place, the airline must return you to your last port of entry, at their cost.
    It has been posted by many legal residents, that at North American airports that they are being ‘questioned’, unlike a few years ago.

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Yes, while in country, showing your license seems to be fine, as it is not immigration who is checking it!
    The problems is being allowed to board the airplane!
    It is the airlines that have the decision to make, and if they allow you to get on the plane and when you arrive in CR, if Immigration decides to check and for [i]some reason decides [/i]that an infraction has taken place, the airline must return you to your last port of entry, at their cost.
    It has been posted by many legal residents, that at North American airports that they are being ‘questioned’, unlike a few years ago.[/quote]
    You have experienced a much differeent situation than I have had. I visited the States in September 2009 and presented my passport which had no stamps since January 2009 but I had my attorney provide the documents necessary from Migracion. I had them out and ready to display but was never asked to display them or questioned either here or in the States going or coming. Apparently you can never tell what is going to happen.:roll:

Steve N

[quote=”Minuit”]Once at the immigration, the lady checked all the stamps and said:” Well you have been coming here very very often !!” and I said, yes it is because I love it so much here, there is nowhere else I’d rather be.
    She smiled and said: Muchas Gracias y muy bienvenida !!
    She stamped my passport again and let me in…
    I’m in and out of the country 2 or 3 times a year so my passport is full of Costa Rica stamps !!!:lol:[/quote]

Min, are you still in Guacalillo?

Minuit

Who is asking ?

fincatenorio

Costaricafinca….

love your Avatar…

Pura Vida!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.