Osa Peninsula Airport

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Osa Peninsula Airport

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

Leave it up to people to continue to [b]SCREW[/b] things up….:

“An initial airstrip designed for 50 passenger planes will later be expanded into an almost 10,000-foot-long runway able to land the new A380 Airbus, [b]the world’s largest commercial aircraft with a maximum capacity of [u]853[/u] passengers.[/b]…”

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/30/controversial-airport-is-planned-for-costa-rica/

SICKENING!!! Thank You Laura Chinchilla!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

The difference between a small airstrip for 50 passenger aircraft (which still hasn’t materialized) and a “10,000-foot-long runway able to land the new A380 Airbus, the world’s largest commercial aircraft with a maximum capacity of 853 passengers” is a BIG BOATLOAD of money…

Costa Rica does not have the money for this so who do you think will pay for it?

I honestly don’t see a “new international airport” being built in this area in the next 25 years …

Scott

bogino
    Participant

Hope you’re right. Last December I landed at the airstrip in Puerto Jimenez on a Nature Air flight and the beauty of what a saw flying in and during my stay on the Osa is something that I won’t ever forget and I hope remains intact.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.