OKAY…LET ME BE MORE PACIFIC

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum OKAY…LET ME BE MORE PACIFIC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vivian

Let me be more Pacific…GET IT…specific/pacific. What I’m looking for is a house or condo on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica in an area that already has infrastructure, roads, electricity, utilities, not the least of which is high speed internet access that is reliable for my business, grocery stores, shopping, medical, within reasonable proximity.
    Does anyone know which,if any of the Pacific Coast areas would have these amenities already in place.
    What I don’t want is a “tract of land” with no way to get to it. Or that squatters can sit on and take.
    Or a house so far in the country that I have to drive 30 miles to get food.
    I want to be in a community that reasonable well established where there are people I can socialize with. I want to take my dog for walks on the beach and eat fish I catch. It does not have to right on the beach but a view would be nice.

*Lotus

Well I think it may depend on your age, but the guanacaste area of play flamingo, playa de coco should meet most of your criteria. The best health care is around San Jose. You may want to look into the central pacific near Jaco although I would avoid actually living in Jaco. There are a few established communitys in and around the area such as Opera salveje(playa hermosa), great little community of beautiful homes that run the gamit of cottage to 3000sqft.mediterranian homes run from $200k up. There is hermosa paradise large and beautiful homes on the ocean about a kilometer or two south of playa hermosa homes start at $400k. There is costa rica ltd. in esterillo, small homes and townhouses being built by a couple of nice guys on small plots of land build as a surfers community prices for land and house start at $129k. Land has gotten very pricey most lots with water/electric and roads near play hermosa can range from about $25k(hard to find) for a 500M2 lot to about $90-$150k for about 5000m2 just off the Costa Nera. There is also Columbus heights(not a good rep on this board) but they are offering 5000m2 lots starting at $60k and are in phase 4, I have spoken with all involved and am satisfied, yes I have a contract on a lot with them.It’s in Playa Hermosa about 3-4 kilometers from the beach. I loved this area(playa hermosa) before it started to boom and still love it! Good medical facilities in Jaco, just 1.5 hours from San Jose on a good road, Jaco has all the little conviences you need; shopping, great farmers market, good pizza and great super market etc…you are just so close to so much great stuff and just an hour from Manuael Antonio. I have only been in and around Playa Flamingo for about a week, but a very established ex pat community, good beach(no surf), great for boaters and some decent restaurant, overall a pretty upscale feel.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.