Obtaining US food products

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Obtaining US food products

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stolisprit

There are a few food products I cannot find here. I have tried AutoMercado, Price Smart, and Hipermas. They are horseradish, lima beans, French’s fried onions, to name a few. How is anyone else handling this? Is there any company who will send a case here? What about customs? Any other sources in CR?

*Lotus

No Lima beans !!!! That’s it i’m not coming down!!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

No bloody haggis either! And a very limited range of single malt whiskeys… What’s a Scotsman to do?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

genincr

Cannot find the Brie, Chaume, Boursin and Paturain……. will go back to France.

Charlie

If your willing to pay lots of $$$ , you can have ANYTHING shipped to CR “approved ” by customs. Your best bet is to have someone bring 1 in their luggage from time to time.

mediatica

I found horseradish (to my amazement) at Pacific Breeze Gourmet in Comunidad (near Liberia in the Do It Center Commercial Center). I can’t fill you in on where to find Lima beans or the other products you asked for. If you find a specialty imported food stores (which Pacific Breeze is) you’ll find many hard to find things. Otherwise, have a friend bring you what you miss!

Also, I have had an easy time finding Brie, Havarti, Feta, goat cheese and the like… Most nice grocery stores carry those cheeses.

Edited on Aug 23, 2007 13:35

genincr

Well maybe you found some of the cheese but they taste diferent, not as good as in France….. But I can live without it, no problem, I didn’t forget that I went to another country like some people do.

*Lotus

Oui, and I think I once paid about $15 dollars for a small wedge of brie in Jaco! I misread the label!

jenny

If you visit Panama you can load up on almost everything you miss from the USA. Even to include greens and corn meal. They have lima beans, pinto beans, the mixed bean soup. They have almost everything you want, so if you have to make the 3 day trip out of country take a large suitcase and a cooler. I’ve made many trips and it is worth it if you take a few suitcases or if you drive your car and just load it with every thing from food to cheap clothing, dishes and many items. I shop until I drop when in Panama. Hair products are plentiful, face creams and just a ton of products that we can not get here or that are so very expensive here.

stolisprit

I found horseradish at AutoMercado in Heredia!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.