NOT Retiring * Again

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum NOT Retiring * Again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    cfoutz

I started another post on this but everyone got off on the NSA and smoking and bored us all to death so no one would read the thread but those few. So let’s concentrate on the subject at hand.

This was supposed to be trying to help me get ideas of how I can get to Costa Rica legally and become part of a community I can enjoy.

All of you brought up good points (politically for another thread) that I would like to weigh in on but that is not helping me or any of the others reading this on creative ways to become a part of a country they love.

Again I don’t need any suggestions on why I CAN’T come (costaricafinca) I already know all of those reasons.

Let’s get creative here and help each other and other readers. And Scott where are you?

I am in my 40’s, with wife and child, and wish I could retire but I’m not to that point yet and want to get to Costa Rica. HOW?

Andrew
    Keymaster

As the owner of this site and a legal permanent resident of Costa Rica I have to be a cautious about certain topics…

For obvious reasons I can not be seen to encourage people to work in Costa Rica illegally or, to visit Costa Rica under false pretenses.

You mentioned that you wished you could retire but did not make it clear why you are “not to that point yet.”

By that do you mean you do not have enough money to retire on?

If I were in your position, my one and only goal would be to develop some kind of online business that you can run from and make money from anywhere in the world.

Within the next 3-4 weeks I will be showing our VIP Members the new online business I have invested in. I am very excited …

Scott

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”cfoutz”]I started another post on this but everyone got off on the NSA and smoking and bored us all to death so no one would read the thread but those few. So let’s concentrate on the subject at hand.

This was supposed to be trying to help me get ideas of how I can get to Costa Rica legally and become part of a community I can enjoy.

All of you brought up good points (politically for another thread) that I would like to weigh in on but that is not helping me or any of the others reading this on creative ways to become a part of a country they love.

Again I don’t need any suggestions on why I CAN’T come (costaricafinca) I already know all of those reasons.

Let’s get creative here and help each other and other readers. And Scott where are you?

I am in my 40’s, with wife and child, and wish I could retire but I’m not to that point yet and want to get to Costa Rica. HOW?[/quote]

Simple one word answer would be “LOTTERY”! LOL

Unfortunately my friend you were given some ideas. No one is going to come up with a complete business plan for you that only requires that you place your name in the blanks and watch the money roll in and your life magically transport itself to the land of Pura Vida.

Visit Costa Rica, get some ideas of your own on a possible business… something creative… something lacking here currently… something that people want and need. Working here in a job is NOT really an option… not looking to put a downer on your dreams… just being honest.

The residency issue is a whole other issue. Not too many legal ways of working around that. Without a pension of some type providing a monthly income ($1000)… you’re limited to the other two types of applications… both require a sizeable wad of cash to make happen. So saving up a pile of cash while working in the US is one route to work on NOW.

Keep reading about how others are making a go of it. But remember some are not really doing it the legal or correct way and the “dream” often ends with an unpleasant wake up!

Best wishes on making your dream a reality!

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]As the owner of this site and a legal permanent resident of Costa Rica I have to be a cautious about certain topics…

For obvious reasons I can not be seen to encourage people to work in Costa Rica illegally or, to visit Costa Rica under false pretenses.

You mentioned that you wished you could retire but did not make it clear why you are “not to that point yet.”

If I were in your position, my one and only goal would be to develop some kind of online business that you can run from and make money from anywhere in the world.

Within the next 3-4 weeks I will be showing our VIP Members the new online business I have invested in. I am very excited …

Scott

[/quote]

Some of us were wondering what you’ve been up to! Looking forward to reading about your new adventure!

cfoutz

[quote=”Scott”]

Scott

[/quote]

Scott please let me know when the new online business. I am excited for you too.

“Not to that point”, I have too much to offer to retire. And like most I don’t have enough money either. This thread is to inspire people to share different ideas. I’m sure there are plenty to be had. As I said in my comments “Legally”.

I am looking into online business but having a hard time getting going. Thanks for your input.

Chris

cfoutz

My Friend, maybe you could share those ideas that were out there. There is no fill in the blank for anyone including you. Maybe you are missing the point here.

I want ideas for people to share on how to make it in other countries. Not just me. If you have an idea share it. If not….

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”cfoutz”][quote=”Imxploring”]

Simple one word answer would be “LOTTERY”! LOL

Unfortunately my friend you were given some ideas. No one is going to come up with a complete business plan for you that only requires that you place your name in the blanks and watch the money roll in and your life magically transport itself to the land of Pura Vida.

Visit Costa Rica, get some ideas of your own on a possible business… something creative… something lacking here currently… something that people want and need. Working here in a job is NOT really an option… not looking to put a downer on your dreams… just being honest.

quote]

My Friend, maybe you could share those ideas that were out there. There is no fill in the blank for anyone including you. Maybe you are missing the point here. I want ideas for people to share on how to make it in other countries. Not just me. If you have an idea share it. If not….

[/quote]

Here’s an idea… start writing Kindle books on the field you work in or a hobby you’re good at. Or if you’re really the creative type work on a fiction novel.

You can work from anywhere and share something you enjoy with others while generating an income. Not really an internet business but pretty close and rather flexible.

cfoutz

Imxploring

Thanks, that is the type of ideas that I am looking for. Let’s all think and be creative with this and it will help everyone, who knows it may even help you.

Thanks

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”cfoutz”]Imxploring

Thanks, that is the type of ideas that I am looking for. Let’s all think and be creative with this and it will help everyone, who knows it may even help you.

Thanks[/quote]

I’m lucky (or the beneficiary of good planning) I have a nice pension and health insurance benefits locked in as of now… but you never know what the future brings so I like to be prepared!

I do know that when I do pull the plug and retire and spend more time in CR that I’ll be looking for something to do… be it for profit or not. I’ve already worked out a treatment and outline for a book I’d love to work on from CR. They say that everyone has one good book in them… I hope you find yours….

Best Wishes.

cmcintire
    Participant

cfoutz – My husband and I are also in our 40’s (late 40’s) and we are moving to Costa Rica in June for a six month trial period.

We are not ready to retire and cannot afford to do so.

My husband works from home as a freelance designer. He started his business a couple of years ago and we have waited until he had a good client base before we thought about moving.

We are moving on a trial basis to see if we can support ourselves on his income. Whenever we visited CR we would ask the same question as you. How do people our age do it?

The answer we would get is, you have to find a niche or find something that works for you, whatever that may be. So we went this route. Good luck on pursuing your dream.

davidd

Scott

I look forward to see your new online business venture will be..

most of sorry ass people that say they operate online business regurgitate..

How to make money online type of business models. and sell other people how to make money online

its like this psychopathic merry go round of the blind leading the blind

I operate a real online business in the kindle market as well as managing business clients

one hedges the other.. in the event the economy goes south.. hopefully people will still spend $2 for kindle books.

[quote=”Scott”]As the owner of this site and a legal permanent resident of Costa Rica I have to be a cautious about certain topics…

Scott

[/quote]

Andrew
    Keymaster

As always, you are entitled to your opinion davidd…

I am certainly not “blind” when it comes to making a living online and as you know, I have made a fairly good living online for a decade now!

The new online business I am involved with is based on an already proven online business system, you can call that “regurgitate” if you wish…

The commission earned by the people I know (without ever having to make telephone sales calls) who are already involved are very “real” indeed.

Some people might say that in copying millions of other people producing Kindle books that you too are “regurgitating.”

Having said that I wish you every success in your online ventures…

Scott

davidd

Scott

did not mean to step on any toes.. 🙂

my publishing company publishes books on various subjects including but not limiting to the health niche as well as certain industry technologies. we have close to 100 published books and even have a few best sellers. saying we regurgitate books would be like saying your books as well.

each is very well researched and 100% unique content.. I don’t re purpose online income opportunities to other people

nothing wrong with that mind you

There are so many paths to online income

a close friend has a network of prayer sites.. and he generates a 6 figure income doing this.. his network of sites attract people and they light a virtual candle and say a prayer and make a donation of $1 to $5

crazy I know.. but goes to show you the level of ignorance that exists in today’s society.

good luck on your new business venture as I am sure you have enough followers that will almost anything you promote..

of course reason being you have a great reputation which has been earned I am sure.

to a profitable 2014

[quote=”Scott”]As always, you are entitled to your opinion davidd…

I am certainly not “blind” when it comes to making a living online and as you know, I have made a fairly good living online for a decade now!

The new online business I am involved with is based on an already proven online business system, you can call that “regurgitate” if you wish…

The commission earned by the people I know (without ever having to make telephone sales calls) who are already involved are very “real” indeed.

Some people might say that in copying millions of other people producing Kindle books that you too are “regurgitating.”

Having said that I wish you every success in your online ventures…

Scott[/quote]

jreeves

My husband & I are both 40 & we have 4 children. We applied for residency as rentistas in 2006 (when we were 32) & are now permanent residents. The only way we could accomplish any of it was by having an online income.

I’ve owned a medical transcription company (entirely US-based) for 11 years & telecommute. I telecommuted when I worked for another medical transcription company for a few years prior to starting my own business. It is not an easy business to get into now, but I have long-term relationships with my clients so I’m in a pretty solid situation.

I think one hangup with your plan if it involves telecommuting is that it may solve your money problem, but it doesn’t solve your residency problem. If you cannot pony up the cash for residency, then maybe you need to consider something that would stand a chance of getting a work permit (like teaching at one of the private schools in the Central Valley). That has always been my “backup plan” if my business ever failed (I was a teacher & have an MA in History). Another option would be to add to your family & have a baby in Costa Rica…

Jessica

sprite

It took me over five years of daily, hard study and a substantial investment in software to be able to successfully day trade on line. Even so, I have learned that this is not something anyone can do as it takes an inordinate amount of self discipline and self confidence on a daily basis. There is no coasting with this as some online businesses claim to offer. Each day is an effort.

I strongly suspect that most online businesses are going to involve a good deal of effort and time. On the other hand, what of value does not?

he goal of living in Costa Rica and being independent from social security or pension pay-outs is a vital one in my opinion. I do not think it is wise to rely on any entitlement considering the shaky state of the dollar and the world economy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.