Nicoya Gulf island article is great!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Nicoya Gulf island article is great!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bstckmn

I really enjoyed the article, especially the 90 minutes from Escazu lead. But, I would like to know more about how to visit these islands. Can someone charter a small boat in Puntarenas for a day or week and tour? If so how much does it cost?
    Are there party boats that give tours? I know about the day trip to Tortuga on the catamaran that is widely advertised on the internet.
    As many forum readers know, you can charter (rent) just the boat itself that you can operate like a rented car in many seaside towns in the US. Are there such businesses in Puntarenas or nearby?
    Wannabe explorer Bob in DC

Andrew
    Keymaster

There are plenty of people that will happily take you on a tour of the islands including the Calypso which will do it in ‘style.’ Their website is at

That Calypso catamaran has two jacuzzis inside it!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

GringoTico

Thanks to Scott O. for the tremendous sacrifices he made on all of our behalf to bring us this article. I’ve always wanted to know the names of all the islands in the Gulf of Nicoya, and because of his great pain and suffering, I now do.

Yes, it seems that one of the condo developers in Puntarenas begged him to travel to Tortuga Island to help him appreciate the natural amenities that surround Puntarenas, and sure enough, Scott dropped his important plans and told his social director to hold all his urgent calls, all for our vicarious remote consumption. What a trooper.

You know, travel comes from the French word “travail”, which means “troubles”. Yes, Scott weathered the worst and gave his best on this daring trip, always maintaining his dry British outlook, humbly stating that it “wasn’t too much of a hardship”, when we all know the horrendous conditions he must have endured.

The poor soul must have been exhausted by the end of this particular travail, and yet he immediately put pen to paper to relate his discoveries to us, one of which was nothing less than earth-shattering. It seems that Cocos Island has migrated 270 miles north east of its original position, and is now only 35 miles off Cabo Blanco. I don’t know if this is due to tectonic plate movement, or the powerful administration of Oscar Arias, but Cocos Island is now a day-trip!

I think he also got mixed up with Larry Snyder’s article about his trip to Panama where he visited the Embera Indian Tribe and saw that women go topless. Nonetheless, Scott, surely in a fit of post traumatic stress from his ordeal, insisted in his article that he saw the “largest colony of brown boobies” in Nicoya. The heat must have gone to his head to create this feaful mirage. Will he ever be able to wipe those debilitating mammaries from his head?

Rest up Scott. One day one at a time, you’ll make it through!

Andrew
    Keymaster

I lost a ‘0’

Thanks for pointing that out GringoTico. Cocos Island is 340 miles away and not 34.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. Did someone say “mammaries”?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.