Nice call Scott!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Nice call Scott!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sprite

All the experts keep coming back to fundamentals. As long as the under pinning of this economy and the rest of the world remains healthy and intact, recovery will happen. And the consensus is about a year and a half, give or take several months. I am not too worried about the economy based on its merits.
    All bets are off, though, if some unexpected event overtakes the planet…such as unanticipated rapid climate change consequences or if president Dumb-arse and his cohorts try to get into a war with Iran before he leaves office. There is some scary news lately that makes this sound more and more plausible.

Edited on Mar 13, 2008 06:42

Edited on Mar 13, 2008 06:42

Edited on Mar 13, 2008 06:43

enduro

I’m not sure I agree with you on the economy… I think that this “situation” the US is in right now is somewhat by design to “encourage” the North American Union(NAU). Look at it this way….
    300million plus people in the US, most of whom are struggling right now, add Mexico’s population (100 million?), also struggling with a poor economy and Canada’a 30 million who are just starting to feel the effects. If the NAU came into effect with a new currency that was initially weak… but would become stronger quickly due to it’s being new and EVERY country in the World would have to operate with it within the NAU. What would be the effect… rapid recovery… in the US, better conditions in Mexico and well Canada would suffer some… but what’s 30 million compared to 400+ million. There are a LOT of strings that come attached to this… but most benefit the US.(as usual!)especially the Federal Reserve and their board of directors!
    As for Iran… well GWB can execute an executive order to cancel the election should there be some conceived threat from Iran.. or anywhere else… Venezuala??? Cuba??? The rhetoric continues…

steve80545

Listen to Ron Paul

enduro

to steve80545…

Who’s Ron Paul? I jest.. but I’m not a Republican, nor a democrat… just someone that fears the direction that the US government and the federal reserve are taking in trying to combat the problem in the US. I am not even from the US… but their economy is tied to most World economies and what they do is directly reflected in many other economies around the world. IF the US economy fails, which it seems likely to do it will cause major problems worldwide. I’d like to retire one day… sooner than later, but with a shrinking market, fewer jobs, and less domestic spending, instability will surely arise and my chance to retire “comfortably” will disappear. There are many factors not mentioned above causing “issues” within the US, but it is worrysome to watch.

sprite

My plan B is a much smaller Costa Rican house….much smaller. Today’s market should be interesting to observe. Fasten your seat belts, kiddies. We are just about to go over the edge on this roller coaster ride. Nobody knows how far the drop will be. The only thing for certain is that the track will go up again at some point.

tropicals

Lot’s of opinions out there however when you start seeing interviews like this on Bloomberg you have to start taking a serious look at where your money is invested!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2cgW6v3-U

Edited on Mar 19, 2008 07:27

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.