New Transito requirements

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Transito requirements

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jdocop

post removed due to risk of offending forum members.

watchdog

[quote=”jdocop”]Does anyone know exactly what the new law requires us to carry (I’ve heard conflicting lists including, but not limited to: tools, reflectors, vest, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc., etc). in our vehicles, and where (outside the Central Valley, in Guanacaste) we can find the necessary items reasonably priced?[/quote]I would wait a few weeks before buying any of the “equipment list” items. The law is still under review by the Legislature and may not be in its final form until the final full week of March, just before the Easter Week. Fines are “on-hold” for these items during this period.

laika

[quote=”watchdog”][quote=”jdocop”]Does anyone know exactly what the new law requires us to carry (I’ve heard conflicting lists including, but not limited to: tools, reflectors, vest, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, etc., etc). in our vehicles, and where (outside the Central Valley, in Guanacaste) we can find the necessary items reasonably priced?[/quote]I would wait a few weeks before buying any of the “equipment list” items. The law is still under review by the Legislature and may not be in its final form until the final full week of March, just before the Easter Week. Fines are “on-hold” for these items during this period.[/quote]

Does anyone have an update on this? Our local hardware store is selling stuff that it claims are mandatory, but I heard that none of the equipment regulations made it into the final law. Don’t mind buying the stuff if I know what it is I need to have.

watchdog

The Costa Rica Legislature is supposedly considering the final changes to the Transit Law today. I don’t know if the safety equipment list is one of the items to be considered today, or not, but the fine for not having the specified safety equipment is currently suspended. Accordingly, I would wait until something definite is decided in that regard before purchasing any of the safety equipment items.

DonDiego

Offending fourm members?

Kawhat?

Please send me a private mail of that one.

laika

[quote=”watchdog”]The Costa Rica Legislature is supposedly considering the final changes to the Transit Law today. I don’t know if the safety equipment list is one of the items to be considered today, or not, but the fine for not having the specified safety equipment is currently suspended. Accordingly, I would wait until something definite is decided in that regard before purchasing any of the safety equipment items.[/quote]
    Thanks for the advice/response. We have to go to RTV this month. Will they be looking for the safety item? I’m thinking not if the law is undefined? But I’m also thinking that I’m thinking like a gringo and not a Tico.

rf2cr
    Participant

Checked with the police station in Liberia – they didn’t have an answer said for now to carry just the previously required i.e. jack, triangles, simple tool kit, not sure about fire extinguisher, he did not mention it and Retieve did not cite us for having one last time we took the vehicle in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.