New Tax Proposal for Corporations Article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Tax Proposal for Corporations Article

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smekuly

Here is an email I just received from one of my congress amingos

i read the tax article and sought out some real inside advice

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/New_Tax_Proposed_For_Every_Single_Corporation_Is_Going_To_The_Congress.cfm ]

Concerning the taxes, this has been around 50 times in Congress and it wasn’t approved, there is no environment in the Congress for this kind of taxes. (remember that all the Congressman have SA’s!!!! And a lot of them!!!!!!).

now this makes more sense

steve

Andrew
    Keymaster

Interesting comment…

I can assure you that Randall is a “real” Costa Rica tax expert who would have been a very senior member of the political adninistration had Laura Chinchilla not won the most recent election…

And, if “this has been around 50 times in Congress” it would appear that they are determined to ram it through, no?

Owning dozens of corporations myself, active and inactive, I also hope it doesn’t got through but “vamos a ver.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

smekuly

[quote=”Scott”]Interesting comment…

I can assure you that Randall is a “real” Costa Rica tax expert who would have been a very senior member of the political adninistration had Laura Chinchilla not won the most recent election…

And, if “this has been around 50 times in Congress” it would appear that they are determined to ram it through, no?

Owning dozens of corporations myself, active and inactive, I also hope it doesn’t got through but “vamos a ver.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com[/quote]

Hi Scott

todays first page NACION discusses the tax that it will NOT be approved.

again this makes sense

steve

grb1063

The record of non-approval should stay intact. This is when lobbyists come to bat.

Coprorate tax rate is 35% in US. Income taxes go up for 2011 with the 10% bracket going to 15% and all others going up 3 points 15-18, 25-28, 33-36 etc. The lower income brackets get hammered the most on a % basis. You had to know this was coming in such a public revenue “starved” world.

Andrew
    Keymaster

With 59,500 personas jurídicas in Costa Rica they will no doubt try to implement this again at some stage in the future…

Scott

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.