New Rentista Laws

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Rentista Laws

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

I have a question on the new rentista law. Under the old law you had to show $1000.00 a month for 5 years OR I beleive had the option of doing $60,000.00 one time. Under the new law with the $2000.00 a month,(I am referring to husband and wife) does that mean you can still have the option of the lump sum? I keep seeing 3 years for permanent residency. Has that been shortened from the 5 years? If that is the case can you do a lump sum of &72,000.00? Just when I think I got it , I get more confused!
    Thanks, Debbie

wmaes47

I forgot to post this article on the new law from this site:

https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/953.cfm

Bill Maes

dhsbooker

Thanks Bill,
    I had read the article, and it was very informative, but still didn’t seem to answer the question regarding any LUMP sum amounts. The other sites you mentioned I also look at on a regular basis, but there haven’t been any new updates. I guess where I am confused is about the time frame from temp to perm residency and if that is linked to the lump sum amount for rentista status. Since we will not be coming down till Oct. I still have time for any new info and will definately be in contact with an attorney when the time arrives.
    Debbie
    ps I had corresponded with you earlier regarding San Ramon. We will be visiting with Ben and Jose to look at several properties when there in Oct.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.