new pages for passport

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum new pages for passport

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

I know I have seen this discussed on this forum, but having tried my best through the search function I can’t find the information or the post(s) about how to, where to go, what is the process, etc. for getting additional pages added to your U.S. passport. I remember reading something about how easy it is to just walk into the Embassy, pass all the lines, go to a certain office and they will add additional pages while you wait (I think).
    Is there a “best time” to go or only certain hours that this particular office or desk operates? I’ll be in SJO this week and would like to try to get this done, so if someone can refresh the information I would greatly appreciate it.

maravilla

you had better call ahead and make an appt and find out which days they do this process. some things are on such and such a day, others at a certain time from when to when. i know people who have had it done and it’s an easy process once you get there.

orcas0606
    Participant

[quote=”costaricabill”]I know I have seen this discussed on this forum, but having tried my best through the search function I can’t find the information or the post(s) about how to, where to go, what is the process, etc. for getting additional pages added to your U.S. passport. I remember reading something about how easy it is to just walk into the Embassy, pass all the lines, go to a certain office and they will add additional pages while you wait (I think).
    Is there a “best time” to go or only certain hours that this particular office or desk operates? I’ll be in SJO this week and would like to try to get this done, so if someone can refresh the information I would greatly appreciate it.[/quote]

Maravilla is right, you had better call. The phone # 2220 3939. Shouldnt be any problem.

lewkeim

I asked about a year ago and was told it is no longer available…

costaricabill
    Participant

Thanks for the advice and especially the phone number. I called and asked if new passport pages were available at the embassy and the young lady said “certainly, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM – 11:30AM, and 2:00PM to 4:00PM on Monday afternoons.” She also said that there is no charge for this service.

So, I arrived at the embassy this morning at 9:45AM, and at 10:15AM (30 minutes later) I was back in my car with about 20 new pages bound into my passport after filling out one simple form, being called to “window #2”, visiting briefly with the immigration agent, being asked to wait 20 minutes (it actually only took 14 minutes before they paged me), I went back to window #2 and I was handed my passport with the new pages and I was gone!

It was so easy, and everyone I dealt with was extremely pleasant and helpful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.