New immigration requirement – something new?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New immigration requirement – something new?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kevin.smith

[quote=”maravilla”]i feel the same way, so it’s not just you. in a few years, there won’t be any difference between here and there, but i’m not so sure about nicaragua — won’t those same banking laws be forced on ortega too? if he doesn’t agree, we could depose him!![/quote]I have my doubts about the tentacles of empire reaching Nica as of/for now,it may have to do with their(nica)disagreement(s)with the UN council;which can be harmful in leading to embargo’s and other acts imposed on anyone who disagrees with a chosen few.They despise soveriegn nations and wont be happy til all have bowed down. Sad.

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricabill”]I hope it is BS, but I heard it from 3 different [/quote]

Apparently it is true.

This from my attorney:
    Immigration is a magic box, I knew they would eventually do that, BUT on the other hand that happens because they do not have a resolution within 90 days which is what the law indicates, regardless if they don´t have enough resources, people or whatever they need, it´s their obligation. If anyone ever is in that position [b]I would file a Constitutional case[/b], because they´re basically punishing the applicant for their delays.

You can take my attorneys word to heart. If she has a client who is caught in this position she [b]WILL[/b] file a Constitutional case. [b]Migracion has a legal obligation to either approve or deny an application within 90 days[/b]:D

I was in process for 29 months and never had a problem with Fuerza Publica and COSEVI who were running regular stop operations in Ciudad Colon during late 2007 and early 2008 and never gave me a problem because I had my CR drivers license so I doubted the story.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Why then, did your attorney not file in your case, since it took 29 months, and [i]”Migracion has a legal obligation to either approve or deny an application within 90 days”?[/i]

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Why then, did your attorney not file in your case, since it took 29 months, and [i]”Migracion has a legal obligation to either approve or deny an application within 90 days”?[/i][/quote]

I was never threatened with expulsion. Under the conditions that your friends have encountered in country she would have.

My wife had already been approved with essentially the same documentation so it was just a matter of time.

It seems that it is a matter of a roll of the dice which Tecnico is going to review your documentation and what they view as something out of order.
    Mine was reviewed by three different Tecnicos who seemed to see something amiss and sent my file up to the office of the Director who approved in each instance. The fourth Tecnico went through the whole thing and found no problems so I was approved.

waggoner41

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Good point, maravilla. As Yogi Berra once observed, “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.”

I wonder how many apparently approvable applications are ever actually rejected and never approved. Mayhaps this is a solution to a problem they don’t have?[/quote]

Living in a process oriented society you have to wonder if every possible glitch would ever be found and resolved. The idea of going back to the beginning of a process with every problem encountered does guarantee a lot of jobs, particularly with Migracion.

I received these additional thoughts from my attorney this morning:

“When filing a Constitutional case that´s the first thing you ask for, to remain in the country until there´s a final resolution.

I know someone who applied for residency, married to a tica (real marriage) it took over a year for Immigration to approve his residency, about a month before it was approved he wanted to go to Panama, in the end he couldn´t because of that very same reason, but the only thing they did, was give him a document addressed to Immigration basically saying why they were taking so long, guess what happened after that, it was approved.

[b]I guess it also has to do with the person you ran into, either if they wake up on the right or left side of their bed, sad but true, there´s no unified criteria when it comes to these kind of matters.

I would not take the chance to give you a yes/no answer on something like this.[/b]

Best advice is for them to stay away from any immigration stand while the residency is in process, unless they actually want or have for other reason leave every 90 days.”

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.