New ‘Hot Topic’ Discussion Forum Added

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New ‘Hot Topic’ Discussion Forum Added

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

PLEASE NOTE that we have added a NEW Discussion Forum to this site which is the ‘Hot Topic’ forum which you can find at < https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/forum/openforum.cfm?forum=2 >

This new forum was created so that our VIP Members can air their political opinions outside the regular forum where someone may simply be looking for more information about how to get residency.

Some people believe that by living in Costa Rica they can ‘escape’ politics which is not possible. ‘Life’ is ‘political’ and the attitudes of other proples and the actions taken by other, more powerful nations does affect us living here in Costa Rica and, we now have a forum where these ‘hot topics’ can be discussed.

The ‘Hot Topic’ forum which you can find at < https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/forum/openforum.cfm?forum=2 >

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

This is great, this way when i log in and am simply looking for a good place to get gallo pinto, I don’t have to be tempted to read a thread that makes my stomach roll like the paritta earthquake of 2005!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yeah! I’m not sure if Parrita is a great place to be lotus:

1. Major earthquake fault line
    2. Surfers get eaten by crocodiles there and
    3. Prone to flooding

Apart from that it’s perfect! 🙂

But don’t tell me, there’s a new “international airport” coming to Parrita soon to cater to the 398 residents and the “new superhighway” from New York City that they are about to build ends there.

ONLY KIDDING!

GringoTico

I’m not sure how it’s going to work out. I mean, I could be writing along, minding my own business, about the best way to drive from Escazu to San Pedro in response to a question from Tiquicia newby Jane, when suddenly my Touretts Syndrome suddenly takes over and I blurt out, “The politicians spend more on official legal paper than they do on fixing roads”.

Knowing that the issue of official legal paper vs road repair spending is a “Hot Topic”, how will you handle it? Will you allow this unclean post it to remain in the general forum where it might give Lotus indigestion, or will you move the entire post to the “Hot Topics” forum and deprive newby Jane of her directions?

Maybe you could cut out the offending line and place it in a third forum called “Touretts Tidbits” by WeLoveCostaRica.com’s most uncontrollable VIP members.

Are you actually thinking of asking VIP members to be discreet, and voluntarily police themselves to make sure that any postings with political viewpoints go into the Hot Topics forum??? Sounds like herding cats to me.

Anyway, I’m game, and I’ll try to be tame. I can’t vouch for some of my fellow cats though, and if they provoke me, I won’t be responsible for my actions.

That said, I solemnly swear that I will not be the first one to fire off a political bombshell in the general forum where civilians might get hurt. As a matter of fact, I’ve always been in favor of political bombshell reduction. In lieu of this, I suppose containment will have to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.