New Hospital In Cortes

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Hospital In Cortes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    diego

Pwiesel wrote of an 80,000 sq ft hospital in Puerto Cortes. Does anybody know any details about this, such as if construction has started, when it will be finished, who is building it (construction company) who is paying for it…is it public or private and why would they build such a large hospital there? Where can one get some accurate info about it, and photos etc…

I think this is of tremndous news yet, I have searched for info but can find none.

pweisel

I drove past it with my father in June 2006 on our way from Uvita to pick up a friend landing at Palmar Sur. At that time the steel framing was being erected. Do a search on this site – know I read somewhere that it would be done in 2007… not sure where I read it or how accurate the info is. Anyway, the construction is well under way but it might be a few months to a few years before it opens.

I and other members have just posted a somewhat lengthy dialog on Costa Rica’s south pacific coast development, which perhaps could be helpful. See the “Uvita area info” post if interested.

pweisel

Diamond

Hi, I just bought property very close to the new Osa Hospital. I was
    there in mid Feb.,07. The shell has been completed and the roof is
    on. It appears to be a very large hospital. The main building is
    2 stories high with multiple other buildings surrounding the site.
    It really looks nice. The windows were not in when I was there.
    It reminds me of European hospitals, 1 main building and other
    buildings are for specialties, such as neuro, GI, pulmonary, etc..

I am not sure why it is built there but around that area there are
    mulitple new developments appearing. It is close to the Sierpe
    region, and about 40 minutes from Dominical. Maybe they are trying
    to get some business from Panama. I don’t know if it is private or
    public but it does look beautiful.

Celeste

crchuck

There has been considerable talk and news reports of a new international airport around the Palma Sur area for a couple of yrs. now and of course it is now well known that there are several developments of various types including beach high-rise bldgs. going in. From news reports, the location has already been established for the new intl aiport that will serve the southern regions including Panama. This certainly sounds like it’s going to happen and not just a long-standing rumor as is common in the country for major projects.

crchuck

BTW..I’m heading down to check out that southern region from Dominical on down at the beginning of May and will certainly go inquire in person. A good, full-service regional hospital is exactly what is lacking to service all of the new development. Having served in a medical profession for my whole career before retiring, to me it was an essential first step to be able to draw civilian and business investment and am very happy to hear that it’s being addressed.

Darrel257

The hospital is real enough. It is not a private hospital but under the Caja Seguro Social. There is a very large local population in the surrounding area which is accesible now from many directions. There also is a very large large group of Foreign Nationals now residing in the municipality of Osa from Dominical south past Pal Mar and this will definately increase in the next few years. I have a couple of very nice aerial shots of the hospital taken in February. Anyone interested post your email address and I will forward.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.