New highway to the Pacific

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New highway to the Pacific

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    GringoTico

It’s been 30 years in the making, so far, but I’ve yet to figure out exactly where they’re building it. I always assumed it would start out using the nice new highway from Escazú to Santa Ana and Ciudad Colón, where it currently comes to an abrupt halt. Does anyone out there actually know what route it will take, what towns it will pass through, and at what point it will reach the coastal road?

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see maps of the route at:

Unfortunately I am hearing ‘off-the-record” that the current fines that are being imposed by the government on the contractor could well put an end to the contractor’s desire to even begin the project…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

GringoTico

Yeah, I remember that map from the last time we talked about highway construction, but I didn’t connect it up with what I thought was the path it would take. I was hoping it would shoot south from Ciudad Colón right to Parrita. Now that would really save some time, and truly open up Manual Antonio, and eventually Dominical. As it sits, it looks like it will simply parallel the “Aguacate”, ending up in Orotina just as now. It’s a long drive from Orotina to Manuel Antonio, and still longer to Dominical. I’m beginning to wonder how much impact it will have. Perhaps that’s why most of the development seems to be happening in Jacó and Esterillos.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.