New Expat Taxes Proposed

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Expat Taxes Proposed

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”dlewisxyz”]
    Knowing a person’s heritage and background does tell you a lot about a person – and knowing that he is Jewish – tells me a lot about him. David[/quote]

Okay, I’ll bite . . . David, please tell us [u]in detail[/u] just what you can discern from the fact that Eduardo Saverin (whom I suspect you have neither met nor researched in any depth) is Jewish and was born in Brazil. And please specify which of your insights arises from the fact that he is Jewish and those that arise from the fact that he was born in Brazil.

Because Eduardo Saverin is Jewish, David can tell that . . .

Because Eduardo Saverin was born in Brazil, David can tell that . . .

[/quote]

[b]Well, David??[/b]

dlewisxyz

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”dlewisxyz”]
    Knowing a person’s heritage and background does tell you a lot about a person – and knowing that he is Jewish – tells me a lot about him. David[/quote]

Okay, I’ll bite . . . David, please tell us [u]in detail[/u] just what you can discern from the fact that Eduardo Saverin (whom I suspect you have neither met nor researched in any depth) is Jewish and was born in Brazil. And please specify which of your insights arises from the fact that he is Jewish and those that arise from the fact that he was born in Brazil.

Because Eduardo Saverin is Jewish, David can tell that . . .

Because Eduardo Saverin was born in Brazil, David can tell that . . .

[/quote]
    The original post said . . . he was born in Brazil to a wealthy Jewish Brazilian family.

That tells me that he is most likely going to have an edge in business when it comes to his business ventures.

His culture, family values, social status, etc. Nothing more nothing less. And yes, I have been using information regarding people to formulate profiles for many years.

My reply was to say, that I’ll take all the information regarding a person I can get and don’t pull the PC card to restrict that information.

Furthermore, you don’t know what I know about the guy and if you want to be PC, then go ahead. It really doesn’t matter to me. Let’s stick to the topic of taxes on Expats.

Congress wrote all the laws that Saverin used to avoid taxes – now Congress wants to investigate him.

Wow – someone other than the chosen few uses the law for their benefit – Congress can’t have that.

I’m Sorry you got your panties in a wad.

David

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Well, you’ve obviously done your homework. Those flinty-eyed Brazilians always seem to come out ahead in their business ventures, don’t they.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You’re right David. The “flinty-eyed” Brazilian economy has been remarkably strong until recently …

“Brazil was regarded until recently as one of the world’s most dynamic emerging market economies, with annual growth rates above 5 percent. But the excitement has vanished over the past year as high taxes and the increased cost of labor and other inputs made the country’s industries increasingly uncompetitive.”

[ http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/22/us-brazil-economy-idUSBRE84L02G20120522 ]

aguirrewar

Diewisxyz:

Never assume malice, when “IGNORANCE” remains a possibility.

sprite

“The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury”..George Washington.
    We must be near this last act.

VictoriaLST

Over five years ago, I suggested to some friends that the US government would, at some point, recognize that Social Security monies were leaving the country in every increasing amounts. At that point, someone would propose a “temporary” decrease of 25% in an individual’s SS payments if that person moved out of the country after “X” date. That decrease would later become permanent. Then it would become a 50% decrease. At some point, the individual would be denied any benefits if he/she moved out of the country. At the time I suggested it, people were astonished – although one friend said I shouldn’t talk about it (it might give the government ideas).

Once we allow our government to take away our property rights, our right to keep what we earn, we are on a slippery slope. Lets all hope the government loses this current battle,

aguirrewar

Interesting POST, Victoria and with this Congress.

COULD YOU KEEP QUIET ON THIS “idea”

IF!!!! they read WLC and find out about this

POOF//// there goes your SS benefits if you move out of the USA.

Exellent post

VictoriaLST

This is the first time I have mentioned it outside of a few friends for just that reason.

[quote=”aguirrewar”]Interesting POST, Victoria and with this Congress.

COULD YOU KEEP QUIET ON THIS “idea”

IF!!!! they read WLC and find out about this

POOF//// there goes your SS benefits if you move out of the USA.

Exellent post[/quote]

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.