New Costa Rica Promotional Video

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Costa Rica Promotional Video

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Would love to know ‘how’ you think we could improve on this new three minute WeLoveCostaRica.com promotional video….

You can see the video at: < https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1369.cfm >

If you are a professional videographer, please give me your feedback.

If you are regular Joe like me, please give me your feedback.

And thank you …

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLOveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

Like all the other videos on the site very enjoyable and I love that song! I would add some shots of more “upscale” aspects of Costa Rica, Los Suenos, some Golf, a few surf shots, the multiplaza and perhaps some fine dining as well such as Villa Caletas…

guru

Scott,

Nicely produced and edited. But I review various video pieces as part of my work so here goes.

The voice over at the beginning is a little muddled with the background sound volume. The friendly slightly exotic voice of a Tica might convey the message better.

It is about 50% longer than it needs to be. OR there needs to be more information about some of the scenes such as where they are. Titles or naration would be nice.

AND, while I like the music this particular piece gets very repeditive and tiresome in a short while. Maybe it is because I have listened to it a lot on the Costa Rica video. . . Maybe a change in music would shorten the apparent length.

It would also be nice to have a choice of a larger view but I know this really hammers a server and often requires a special streaming media server. I too have to stick with the little 240×180 format.

Depending on your target market the “older” generation does not like the trend in frenetic videos where the images change very rapidly. This is not quite that fast but it is close. Fewer longer scenes might convey more and seem less hectic. You ARE trying to convey a beautiful relaxing place.

But these are picky details and some may be a matter of taste.

Your friend and future expat,

Jock D.

Darrel257

Hola Scott

I have seen many videos of Costa Rica as I am sure you have. I have been involved in CR for over 11 years, having lived 75% of that time in the country. First off I like the music, this is a great peice and if you understand Spanish it is a very uplifting message.

I like the layout and the scenes because they generally convey what the lifestyle choice here is all about, a mix of many cultures and people yet definately Tico.

I read the comments of one of the other responses and I agree with the voice over part. A female Tica would be a nice addition , but still keep your part as well towards the end, a nice mix of both.

As always you are firm in your vision of providing quality material and asking for advice and comments from the membership is appreciative.

Nice work and I am sure the finished product will be great.

Darrel Simonson

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great feedback – thank you very much indeed.

We are also in the middle of doing a promotional video for one of our developer friends so your constructive criticism is just terrific and helps me a lot.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Andrew
    Keymaster

These posts in the wrong place and reposted here by Scott Oliver

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Posted Mar 11,2007 10:39 AM Latintico2000
    Hi Scott. This video makes me proud of what my Costa Rica has to offer to so many kinds of people. I always have said that we as Ticos don’t appreciate the beauty of our country. The video does a good job of showing what Costa Rica can offer to a tourist, and it seems to cater to the young crowd. Nothing wrong with that, but it could also show more activities for retires and senior citizens. I had problems with the sound, I had to turn it down very low in order to hear your narrating voice. Over all, nice video. Buena suerte!

Posted Mar 11,2007 9:13 AM Ginger
    I enjoyed the video greatly and am looking forward taking a late summer break from my home in the beautiful western mountains of North Carolina to visit sine American frineds of mine whom have made Grecia their permanent home. Thanks for the wonderful site and encouragement to an alternate life-style!

Posted Mar 12,2007 11:16 AM spavlik
    Scott,

Overall, well done. As I believe it was posted already if you could identify what is being shown…such as the CRUISE PORTS of PUNTARENAS or the LOVELY beaches of Manuel Antonio vs. the FIXED TITLE – LOVE FROM WE LOVE Costa Rica…on the SCREEN . Also, if there is a way to take the “WINDY BEACH” scene off? I like the umbrella look but flapping in the wind is not that enticing (observation). I also like the comment on getting (from a U.S. perspective mind you) either a deep sea fishing shot in (with all the NEW UP AND COMING marinas soon be done) OR a quick shot of golf (although not many choices today). Look forward to someday meeting you with all the work you put into this video and the site it is impressive. Any comment on rumors that DISNEY may come down? If they do, watch out for that video !
    Steve P

ucmelc

Buenos Dias Scott,
    Your video was very lovely, however, I would have to agree that the scenes went to fast. I felt a little rushed watching the video. I also agree with the some of the earlier comments. I love the music, but maybe it is a bit rushed too. I did not feel that it was too long, but the voice was a bit muffled in the beginning.

ssure

Hi Scott:

I’m not a professional.

I thought it was great except for one thing. No disrespect intended toward you but I felt the video was lively but your voice wasn’t. It sounded too serious to me and didn’t seem to match the good times being had by all in the video. I realize you aren’t a D.J. or a singer and I thought the rest was great. Makes me want to get back there as soon as I can get away!

cindyc

Hi Scott,

Overall I liked the video; just one picky comment. You have a Blue & Gold Macaw on the frame and that is a species that is not found in Costa Rica. Scarlet Macaws are the most prevelant here.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Ha!

cindyc… If there was a prize for this, you would have just won it… I will speak to my graphics man and drag him over some hot coals …

Scott Oliver -Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

sheephead10

I really enjopyed your short story and if i could i’d move down there with the jungls animals.
    I also liked the story and the musica.

Jan Tschritter

Dear Scott:

Nice job! Your new effort is as exciting as the DVD I bought from you recently which I often play on rainy Saturday afternoons when it is dark and cloudy in Portland!

Tom
    Portland, Oregon

kathleen6711

Hola Scott,

I liked the video a lot and you covered so many activities available in CR (which I think I did all of them in Feb. except for fishing). The song is great but does get a little tiresome, maybe if you could suegway part-way thru to something a little slower and perhaps with a romantic overtone. I personally don’t agree with showing more of the upscale spots but perhaps that’s because I view Costa Rica as a more relaxing healthier environment and want to stay that way. Do agree with changing first voice to a Tican (perhaps female, more seductive. Overall good job 🙂
    Kathleen

artedwards

Scott,
    I thought the video was good. The first voice was hard to understand, perhaps a lady’s voice would come through better. Some of the scenes were to long while others too brief. The people in the field riding away on horses was to long while the scenes of the dancers could have been more detailed. The street scenes with the costumes was very good, the riders on the street was very happy. Your voice could have been a little richer to be heard over the music. The music was great, perhaps when you expand the DVD you could add in another sound track but going back to the original one during the last bit. The colors were great, made things exciting.
    Art Edwards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.