New Costa Rica Corporate Tax

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Costa Rica Corporate Tax

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Never mind, just found the link, seems they really threw it on BCR http://www.rnpdigital.com/index.htm

maravilla

BCR isn’t ready, that’s for sure. I would wait until the 11th hour to pay it esp since several people have hinted that the rules of engagement could change

I will definitely not pay until the second half of April. They should have worked it out by then, maybe…….. 🙄

maravilla

on another board someone suggested waiting even longer than the middle of april because of the potential sala iv decision that may change everything. they cited the traffic fines as a perfect example. the people who paid the egregious fines (i paid $350 for a ticket for parking in the yellow zone!) won’t ever get their money back and now all the fines are a fraction of what was originally posted.

second half can be the last day and I agree, don’t let them make a dime of interest on our money. I also paid a traffic ticked of almost 300 $ which would now be a fraction of that.

Calatrava

The amounts would be 75% of $270 & $135 respectively according to what I have read, which is $101.25 for sociedad anonima inactiva.

Bibi
    Participant

This is the information we have received from two different lawyers:

Active Companies: ¢ 135,000 = $273 approx.
    Inactive Companies: ¢ 67,500 = $137 approx.

Starting 2013 (*)
    Active Companies: ¢ 180,300 = $360 approx.
    Inactive Companies: ¢ 90,150 = $180 approx.

(*) This amount is approximate because it will be recalculated every year based on a variable scale known as the “base salary” as well as on the exchange rate applicable at that time.

http://www.nacion.com/2012-04-05/Economia/1-525-sociedades-ya-pagaron-nuevo-impuesto.aspx

Seems that BCR has figured it out, over 1500 corporations already have paid their tax.

maravilla

i’m still going to wait until the 11th hour to pay — lots can happen in two weeks!

donbuc
    Participant

I am currently out of the country. I want to pay my taxes online. I have a banco nacional account. Can I psy the tax online from Banco Nacional to BCR?

costaricabill
    Participant

It appears that ehe fine for not paying the corporate tax is 50 colones per day for active corporations and 25 colones for inactive ones.

It is also important to keep in mind that if you have not paid the tax, you cannot get personerias juridicas from the National Registry, so doing any business that involves the corporation would be difficult if not impossible.

The BCR online banking system has not been able to process payment of the taxes. So I went to the BCR branch in Belen and found the wait to be several hours. I got took my ficha and left to get my haircut and ran some other errands and returned to BCR two hours later and my number was called. Once I got to a customer service agent, she told me that the Registro Nacional system was down and that she could not complete the transaction. So I took another ficha, went to lunch and returned an hour an a half later, and my number was called and the Regsitro Nacional system was back on-line and I was able to pay the tax. After 20 years in the jungle, life in ticolandia never ceases to amaze me !

maravilla

did they fine you for being late? Have they said anything about giving an extension for payment considering all the problems they have had with the sytema?

The fee is calculated on a daily basis in the Registro Nacional computer system. When it’s working.
    You pay the tax that appears in the computer at BCR or you don’t. There’s no negotiations or discussions.
    You can check out how much is owed by any Persona Jurídica at this site: http://www.rnpdigital.com/shopping/consultaDocumentos/consultaMorosidadPJ.jspx' defer onload='

chasebeagle2000
    Participant

Don–No you can pay online only with BCR acct.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.