Negotiate Pricing

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Negotiate Pricing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

It has been my experience that practically everything is open to negotiation with a private seller and the Internet is a great tool to do some homework but can not replace ‘on the ground’ research.

On HUNDREDS of occasions I have seen the exact same properties listed for different prices at different websites.

Good developers who have proven experience of delivering quality real estate tend to stick to their prices (some will stick with the same sales price whether you work with a Realtor or not).

Less experienced developers and those with ‘complicaciones’ with their projects may offer more price flexibility but with that lesser experience comes a greater risk to you that they will not complete the project

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Timing is everything. This is very important for successful real estate investing.

The right investment property here will result in healthy appreciation, but you must be very selective.

Research investment opportunities before you buy. Developers everywhere advertise incredible investment opportunities. Costa Rica is not that much different from other attractive hot real estate markets. However, when you factor in the cultural misunderstandings and lack of consumer protection regulations, folks can be taken advantage of.

I have lived and worked in the land development and construction business here since 1992, and I understand land and finished construction values very well. With all the new players entering the market, come new tricks that misrepresent properties and deceive would be investors.

Those of us who have lived and worked here for many years do not enjoy reading about consumers who write about the deceiving developers that sold them land in would-be projects that never happen. We see what is happening to the new kids on the block but we cannot help them if they leave their brains in baggage claim and do not seek advice from experienced sources.

Knowledge acquired from real estate investing in other countries does not necessarily work down here in the jungle.

I have been an investor, builder and developer here for 15 years. To this day, I approach every deal as if it were my last hundred bucks. Property values and opportunities are available here but finding a successful investment property is not as easy as many of the fancy websites lead novices to believe.

Fortunately, WeLoveCostaRica.com is able to help many potential residents and investors sort the market out before they get into a deal that ruins their dreams of living in paradise.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.