Need some help with bats!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Need some help with bats!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnr

Hi everyone – I need to know of someone who can safely remove bats from a roof area, find where they are getting in and seal it up. We have done this twice with local help but they are back worse than ever. I need a pro. The property is located mid-Nicoya peninsula.

I currently am having about a dozen bat houses constructed to hopefully distract them into moving but that will take some time.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
    Keymaster

There’s an older [url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/cfmbb/messages.cfm?messageid=B6556749-24E8-5ED2-F103F04D3E42A92C#B6556749-24E8-5ED2-F103F04D3E42A92C]Discussion Forum thread here[/url] about bats.

johnr

Thanks Scott! I had done a search but that one did not pop up. We have removed the roof, the bats left and then we put up perf metal screens to keep them out, however they have found another way in so we have a guy up on the roof today combing every square inch. I am going to search for these sonar / squelch type devices.

lyncota
    Participant

We have used rodent strobe with success, in addition to a string of Christmas lights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.