Need a Lawyer in the San Isidro area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Need a Lawyer in the San Isidro area

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    DefalcoV

Hola! I’m ready to purchase a plot of land through a friend I know and trust but still would like to have my own representation through the process. It’s a small lot @ 1 1/2 hour drive from San Isidro (toward Dominical), no buildings, has the title, should be really straight forward as it’s not part of some big development or anything like that. I was just there for a week and I know exactly what I’m getting.

I’m ready to buy, cash in hand, but the first thing we realized is that I need to be in Costa Rica to sign! So we’re drawing up an option to buy agreement so that I can hold the property with a deposit until I make it back down there by November or so.

I would like to have an attorney review this initial agreement then assist with the purchase agreement later. I need them to be bilingual please.

Gracias!
    Vero

Andrew
    Keymaster

We have a section on this site called Layers & Law.

You can find it at: [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/department41.cfm ]

Whether it’s in San Isidro, San Gerardo or San Jose, “the law is the law” and they are the only attorneys who will be recommended on this site.

Scott

DefalcoV

thanks yah i saw that, and can appreciate they are “vouched” for by this site… but they all seem like big time lawyers and i’m a small fry. besides 5 lawyers for all of costa rica seems a little unreasonable. surely there are others out there who would be nearer to the city in which i have to do business and other users willing to provide a contact… or is that not allowed?

Andrew
    Keymaster

These recommended attorneys (and my friends) would laugh at the idea that they are “big time lawyers” and remember that for what you are looking for, attorney fees are regulated.

Just because they are in San Jose (where most of the best attorneys are and, where the Registro Nacional is located) doesn’t mean they can charge you more…

Having said that, they may be too busy for you, I don’t know…

I will ask Victor Guerrero in San Isidro who he recommends and will post the name here later…

Scott

kshaler
    Participant

We’ve been very happy with Randall Sanches Mora, his office is in San Isidro, he was recommended to us by a number of people. We’ve used his office to purchase property and work up rental and caretaker contracts. They speak English fluently.

baontheriver

We are using Omar Tabash in Casimiro Vargas’s law firm for our property purchase. They have been great to work with and are very thorough and speak very good english. Casimiro married us near Dominical 10 years ago. I would highly reccomend his firm.

Brian Anthony

Andrew
    Keymaster

Our Recommended Realtor in the area Victor Guerrero also recommends Randall R Sánchez Mora.

Sánchez and Associates
    Sánchez y Asociados
    Phone: IAC + (506) 2771-3501
    Email: rarusamo@racsa.co.cr
    Mailing Address:
    Apartado Postal (P. O. Box) 201
    San Isidro de Pérez Zeledón
    Costa Rica.

cmcintire
    Participant

Last year we bought property in Uvita. Randall Sanchez represented the sellers. Our attorney, Mauricio Gonzalez Crespo, who was in Escazu and who was excellent disclosed at the start of the transaction that he was a friend of Randall Sanchez and that he was an excellent and trustworthy lawyer. Even though I did not have direct dealing with Mr. Sanchez, I can say our entire sales transaction went smoothy.

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”cmcintire”]Last year we bought property in Uvita. Randall Sanchez represented the sellers. Our attorney, Mauricio Gonzalez Crespo, who was in Escazu and who was excellent disclosed at the start of the transaction that he was a friend of Randall Sanchez and that he was an excellent and trustworthy lawyer. Even though I did not have direct dealing with Mr. Sanchez, I can say our entire sales transaction went smoothy.[/quote]

HAH!!! I was also going to suggest Mauricio. I nearly purchased a really nice property several years ago in Playa Ventanas and was referred to Mauricio at Facio Abogados. He is very knowledgeble, I had full confidence in him and he is originally from that area of Costa Rica (near Dominical) and knows it well.

cmcintire
    Participant

Mauricio is definitely top notch and would highly recommend him. Playa Ventanas…nice area. We were seriously considering a lot there as well but went with the one in Uvita.

DefalcoV

Gracias everyone – I’m going with CV firm.

http://www.cvfirm.com

one step closer!

bogino
    Participant

Anyone know if Mauricio Crespo is no longer with Facio Abogados? I don’t see him on thei website and was planning on contacting him to represent me on a real estate transaction. Thx.

cmcintire
    Participant

I asked my realtor and he told me that Mauricio is no longer with Facio Abogados. He is now working in the family business (from what I understand it is non law related). I have recently dealt with Jose Arce at the law firm who seemed very capable. I believe he is now is charge of most of Mauricio accounts with Rafael Canas assisting as the partner. Mauricio helped me with buying our property. I only had a few questions regarding property taxes and corporate status and Jose was prompt in responding. Hope this helps.

bogino
    Participant

Thanks for the update. You are correct. I contacted Facio and they responded with exactly what you referenced. In addition, my message was apparently forwarded to Mauricio and he also responded directly back to me.

I’ll stick with the firm and work with one of Mauricio’s colleagues there.

Hello

My name is Giovanna DELETED. I’m the Managering Director of DELETED & Associates a Costa Rica Law Firm Since 1999.
    We handle the entire country of Costa Rica. Please be free to contact us with any questions you might have.

Best Wishes

Lic Giovanna DELETED
    DELETED & Associates
    Office 011 DELETED
    Direct 011 DELETED
    Edificio DELETED
    Skype DELETED
    DELETED
    DELETED

DELETED in accordance with this Forums’s “No Advertising” policy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.