need a chiropractor

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum need a chiropractor

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    marciar

Does anyone know a really good chiropractor in the San Jose area or east of there who speaks English? There seems to be no website and no real way of finding one.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Dr. Sashe Ellison and his wife, Dra. Alejandra Rodriguez, both chiropractors and both of whom speak perfect English, have offices just half a block to the north off Sabana Park in San Jose. The office is on the same street as a large (and very pricey) barbecue restaurant on the corner.

The Sabana Park office phone number is: [b]2231-6719[/b].

The Atenas office number is: [b]2446-3457[/b].

Andrew
    Keymaster

Had you used the Search facility on the site, you would have found American chiropractor Dr. Jim McLellan

A 1982 graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, Dr. Jim is licensed to practice in New York, North Carolina and Costa Rica.

Keep reading at

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/1133.cfm ]

sueandchris

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Dr. Sashe Ellison and his wife, Dra. Alejandra Rodriguez, both chiropractors and both of whom speak perfect English, have offices just half a block to the north off Sabana Park in San Jose. The office is on the same street as a large (and very pricey) barbecue restaurant on the corner.

The Sabana Park office phone number is: [b]2231-6719[/b].

The Atenas office number is: [b]2446-3457[/b].
    [/quote]

Just wanted to heartily second this recommendation of Dr.s Ellison and Rodriguez. Have been working with them for some time AND they have a spinal decompression machine in their San Jose office……..thank goodness!!! Just terrific professionals.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Can you tell me more about the ‘ spinal decompression machine’ Sue?

Scott

sueandchris

[quote=”Scott”]Can you tell me more about the ‘ spinal decompression machine’ Sue?

Scott

[/quote]

Scott:

People with back and neck issues are sometimes suffering with collapsed disks. The spinal decompression machines are sort of like a very high-tech “rack”. Your neck or back are VERY slowly stretched with a time and weight amount decided by the doctor. This allows the “soft” material/nerves that is being compressed to slip back into place. This effect can last for some weeks or some months.

I have a permanent neck injury and this is the first thing outside the unpleasant option of prescription narcotics that has provided serious pain relief for me. This was recommended by my pain management doc as additional treatment.

To my knowledge, this is the only machine available here in Costa Rica.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks Sue

I am actually sitting here with a neck traction device on …

So this ‘spinal decompression’ is traction for the whole spine.

The last six weeks have been ‘interesting.’

Scott

ampinmt

[quote=”Scott”]Thanks Sue

I am actually sitting here with a neck traction device on …

So this ‘spinal decompression’ is traction for the whole spine.

The last six weeks have been ‘interesting.’

Scott
    [/quote]have you ever heard of a piece of equipment called a “back revolution?” I have used one for years and swear by it. Try stretching.com out of palmer lake, CO, with bob and jean anderson. tell them I referred you. you will love them! michael pilato

Andrew
    Keymaster

Great feedback – thank you all….

I actually visited Dr. Sashe yesterday and tried out his spinal decompression device which he says is perfect for what ails me…

Apart from the horrendously twisted neck which we can’t seem to adjust, I also had a laminectomy done at L4/L5 in the Royal Marine Commandos 30 years ago…

Pura vida!

Will go and check out that “back revolution” thing now …

Muchisimas gracias y Feliz Dia de San Valentin…

Scott

smekuly

Scott

it kills me to see you writing about your pain. :?:?

my suggestions

http://www.amazon.com/Precor-240i-Commercial-Series-StretchTrainer/dp/B0029KL3S2

inversion table http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLD4-hG5IE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c2f5NaEuZM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYX8RUxIirg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8E63F54571B6AA3E

these 3 items will assist greatly

[quote=”Scott”]Great feedback – thank you all….

I actually visited Dr. Sashe yesterday and tried out his spinal decompression device which he says is perfect for what ails me…

Apart from the horrendously twisted neck which we can’t seem to adjust, I also had a laminectomy done at L4/L5 in the Royal Marine Commandos 30 years ago…

Pura vida!

Will go and check out that “back revolution” thing now …

Muchisimas gracias y Feliz Dia de San Valentin…

Scott

[/quote]

seashell

Thank you so much, David, Scott and all of you.

I don’t quite know how to use his site yet and I don’t know what BBML is nor other odd words, but I’ve copied the info about the chiropractor and am very grateful.

It’s a long haul from La Fortuna, San Carlos, and was hoping someone in Ciudad Quesada or somewhere else was a little closer.

Nor do I see a send button.

Thanks again,
    Judy 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.