NAFTA article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum NAFTA article

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

I like that WLCR embraces all points of view, but an article on NAFTA by “The peoples weekly world” at < https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1534.cfm > a Marxist on line news paper may be a bit one sided. I will be honest and admit to not being to familiar with all the details of this treaty, but it would also be of some interest to get a more moderate viewpoint here. I like the authors name though, Lou Incognito it reminds me of my punk rock days when kids had names like Dave Insurgent…

Andrew
    Keymaster

Are you suggesting that the US media is objective and not “one sided?”

For a good book on ‘free’ trade, may I recommend one written by one of your own Congressmen?

‘Myths of Free Trade’ – Why American Trade Policy Has Failed. Written by Congressman Sherrod Brown.

And in an age where we now have “Free Speech Zones” it’s not at all surprising that this writer would prefer to be anonymous.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

Doesn’t have to be from the US or any other mainstream media outlet. I will look into that book this is of course a complicated issue. Years ago I did read, I think it was called “Free market fantasy” by Chomsky…interesting read…Scott are you showing some red there? lol..

Andrew
    Keymaster

The color of my underwear (if I wear any – I am a Scotsman after all) is not open to discussion 🙂

Having said that I do prefer the truth no matter how unpalatable it may be and just because I ALWAYS question the ‘official’ story does not necessarily make me or any other person who ‘questions’ a communist.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

*Lotus

Of course I was jesting even if you were a commie I don’t mind. I really don’t fully understand all the ramifications of these “free trade agreements” and was simply suggesting there may be a middle ground “objective” commentary on the subject. The one presented in the article on the site may indeed be accurate but I only questioned the source as I have read the free copies of the Daily Worker handed out a few years ago here. And would expect nothing less than a negative commentary on such treaties from them.

Braveheart.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.