My wife is an enigma

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum My wife is an enigma

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

She is Costa Rican born and raised and while she has visited the USA many times before we got married, she never had an interest to live here.

Then we got married and she has since lived in S. Florida for 8 years. Every year she goes to Costa Rica for 3 to 4 months but lately it is 2 to 3 months.

She did go this last year 2009 for 2 months and after 1 month called me to change her airplane ticket to return to the USA.

“Why” I asked and she told me Costa Rica is not the same, going downtown is a hassle, unemployment is rampant, prices go UP and UP, crime is on the rise, etc. etc. etc.

There where studies done by the Immigration Department that showed that out of all the nacionalities that emigrated to the USA the Costa Rican where the ones that returned the most back to their country. But the trend is changing really FAST.

Originally the plan was to retire to Costa Rica for good but now she say’s that It would be better to visit 3-4 months and return to the USA and this is from a woman that has all her family in Costa Rica and none in the USA.

The sense of security and peace of mind she has here makes all the difference for her compared to Costa Rica.

Let me describe her to you; she is now 56 years old, does not drive a car, ZERO English language skills when she arrived, cooks from scrath meaning no microwave food for her,she can cook for the two of us or for 10-20 people and she was an Elementary teacher in CR and a housewife now, no family in the USA just me.

I can come home at 1:00 AM, 2:00 AM and tell her I am hungry and she will get up and cook a meal for me and at the sametime correct me because I need a haircut and she will cut my hair.

Takes care of all the house finances, balances the checkbook and tells me when I need to change the oil in my auto. Clean the house, mow the yard, do the laundry, decorate the kitchen and the rest of the rooms, paint inside and outside, take care of me when I am sick and keep quiet when she does not feel to good.

Well as you can read; not everyone wants to go back to Paradaise, since you find it inside of you and not in a Geographical location.

Keep well and remember, Costa Rica is not for everyone, not even for the ones born and raised there.

Warre

kordan

Its funny because Crime and Unemployment is on the rise in the US too. So are Taxes.
    However, a lot of Costa Ricans I`ve talked to get used to having walmart and hope depot and 180 channels of cable.
    Convenience is certainly addictve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.