Moving to Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Moving to Playa Zancudo, Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KFG

Hi all…

My husband and I are moving to Playa Zancudo early next year, for a minimum of a year. We’ve spent some time in the Golfito area and PZ, and are excited to make the move. We’re in our late twenties/early thirties, from the States, leaving our jobs, and are obviously looking for a complete change of pace, hence Zancudo!

Any area-specific advice? I’ve certainly spent some time perusing the forum and have found some useful info there. Moreover, I would love to connect with others, particularly on the Pacific side, those who have knowledge of the PZ/Golfito area, and anyone who wants to share, chat, or make an introduction.

Take care,
    KFG

Pauldthomas

[quote=”KFG”]Hi all…

My husband and I are moving to Playa Zancudo early next year, for a minimum of a year. We’ve spent some time in the Golfito area and PZ, and are excited to make the move. We’re in our late twenties/early thirties, from the States, leaving our jobs, and are obviously looking for a complete change of pace, hence Zancudo!

Any area-specific advice? I’ve certainly spent some time perusing the forum and have found some useful info there. Moreover, I would love to connect with others, particularly on the Pacific side, those who have knowledge of the PZ/Golfito area, and anyone who wants to share, chat, or make an introduction.

Take care,
    KFG[/quote]

My wife and I (along with our 5 children ages 6-16) are relocating to the Osa Pacific area as well. On one of our many vacations to the Dominical area we came across Osa Mountain Village in the mountains east of Cortez. We have purchase property there and plan to build a home but for the first 12-18 months we will be renting in Ojochal (north of Cortez on the Highway to Uvita. I believe Cortez is about 60-90 minutes north of Golfito but Ojochal and Osa Mountain are full of English speaking Europeans and Americans looking for a “complete change of pace”
    Osa Mountain is a self sustaining resort with plans for all food, water and power to be grown and produced on site. Thousands of fruit trees have been planted, chickens and eggs are now in abundance with Tilapia(fish), hogs and goats to follow. They raised 2,000 pineapples last year with 5,000 projected for 2012. Very cool development with US style villas, waterfall repelling, zip lines, tree house rental, mountain biking etc. You can check it out at http://www.osamountainvillage.net and check out some of the Youtube videos as well.

sueandchris

I was wondering if this is one of the developments whose roads have been washed out during this heavy period of rain?

Pauldthomas

[quote=”sueandchris”]I was wondering if this is one of the developments whose roads have been washed out during this heavy period of rain?[/quote]
    The new road widened by ICE has had some minor slides on it but nothing that was not removed in an hour or two with a front end loader. ICE has done a nice job with water control on the road to Osa Mountain Village due to the fact that they are using this same road which leads to the future hydro lake project 5+ miles further east.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.