Most Recent Construction Data For Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Most Recent Construction Data For Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

A thread was started on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Costa Rica and construction which again (unfortunately) descended into a political discussion so here is some up to date information on the topic…

According to figures released on [url=http://www.nacion.com/economia/Caida-publica-deprime-construccion-semestre_0_1354464570.html]Wednesday by the the Association of Engineers and Architects[/url] (CFIA):

Public works construction in the first six months of 2013 was 690,658M2 down 35% compared to the 1,066,400M2 in the first six months of 2012.

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/images/Real_Estate_18_Jul_2013_A.jpg[/img]

Public [u]and[/u] private construction was down 12% compared to the first six months of 2012.

The total registered with CFIA for the six months of this year was 3,511,020M2 compared to 4,003,789M2 in 2012.

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/images/Real_Estate_18_Jul_2013_B.jpg[/img]

Private sector construction has also declined by 3.9% from 2,937,389M2 for the fist six months in 2013 to 2,820,371M2 for the fist six months in 2012

Scott

johnnyh

Is this as a consequence of the world wide slowdown of the economy, or mostly foreign investment in Costa Rica?
    Is this also due to foreigners pulling back due to the properties higher unrealistic gringo prices, and the bad rap Costa Rica is getting for its crime?
    As you know Scott, I read La Nacion daily, and it’s scary how crime just keeps going up and up!

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”johnnyh”]Is this as a consequence of the world wide slowdown of the economy, or mostly foreign investment in Costa Rica?
    Is this also due to foreigners pulling back due to the properties higher unrealistic gringo prices, and the bad rap Costa Rica is getting for its crime?
    As you know Scott, I read La Nacion daily, and it’s scary how crime just keeps going up and up![/quote]

Anybody answering your question can only offer you a guess ‘johnnyh’ but I would suggest it’s a combination of all or the above…

Costa Rica unfortunately excels at reacting rather than being proactive and heading off problems before they occur…

Many of our VIP Members see these problems as they develop, we are able to accurately predict the outcome but our politicians are clearly incapable of seeing the same thing.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]
    …..Costa Rica unfortunately excels at reacting…..
    [/quote]
    They may react, but I hardly agree that they “excel” at reacting. Positive results generally fail to follow the reaction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.