Moringa (moronga)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Moringa (moronga)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    orcas0606
    Participant

I’m looking for first hand info on moringa, “the miracle tree”. Is it all hype or is there some truth to all the claims? Also, does anyone know where cuttings or seeds can be obtained. So far no luck in the local La Garita nurserys.

VictoriaLST

Well, according to Wiki, the tree is being cultivated in Honduras. Seeds might be available from there.

costaricafinca
    Participant

[b]orcas[/b] I have been obviously reading the same reports as you… and am also looking for either local cuttings or seeds.:o

orcas0606
    Participant

I got tired of looking in CR and broke down and ordered 100 seeds thru Amazon. I’m shipping to Fl. where my daughter will re package and ship to CR. Maybe I can get them past any possible Ag inspection. Will keep ya’ll informed.

orcas0606
    Participant

At last my moringa seeds have arrived from India. Re packaging and re shipping seems to work. The package came directly to my mail box with no problem and no import duties or Ag inspection. As I said I used Amazon and the total cost for 100 seeds was about $15 but took about 2 mos. I have tested germination and all seem to be OK.

costaricabill
    Participant

How do you test germination?

orcas0606
    Participant

Really easy. Wrap a few in a paper towel and keep damp for a few days and watch for the sprouts…..

Doug Ward

Give them 4 hours or so in warm water before planting. Germination is close to 100%.I sold a mountain of them in miama The tree is hyped, much like the “Miracle” of Pau de arco which is nothing more than Cortez Negro and the “exotic” Bocote used in knife and gun handles which is nothing more than Laurel Negro.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.